What better way to drive more traffic to your website than adding as many social networks as possible into your marketing strategy. You will reach new audiences by having your content shared on more … [Read More...] about Cross-Promoting On Social Media With JARVEE
The Social Profiles
The Friends tab in the Social profiles section is available only for Facebook and LinkedIn social profiles. Here you can see a list of all your Facebook friends or LinkedIn connections.
This list is updated as soon as you add a profile and JARVEE finishes its synchronization. Depending on how many friends/connections you have, syncing can take from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes.
- On the Friends table, you can see their names, usernames and URLs (links) to profiles.
- Next to each listed user you have the following buttons:
- BROWSE – opens the friend’s profile via external browser
- BROWSE EMBEDDED – opens the friend’s profile through the embedded browser used by the social account
- COPY – copies the URL of your friend’s profile
- ADD AS OTHER PAGE – Sends your friend’s profile to the Pages tab as already explained above (Facebook only).
Note: The Friends tab for a Facebook profile is slightly different than the one for a LinkedIn profile. The Facebook account friends tab also has the function to ADD AS OTHER PAGE which will send friends to the Pages tab, this will enable you to post to their respective walls through a Campaign.
- In case you want to add all your friends as other pages, you can use ‘ADD ALL AS OTHER PAGES’.
- To update the list of friends/connections before JARVEE does the synchronization, click on the UPDATE FRIENDS button at the top of the Friends’ table
The Ignore tab is available to all currently supported social platform namely, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google Plus and Twitter profiles.
This section in JARVEE has different purpose for different social networks.
- For Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Tumblr accounts, the Ignore tab contains all users JARVEE has unfollowed. These users are kept here so JARVEE has the record of users that have been unfollowed in order to avoid following them again.
- For Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr and Google+ profiles, this tab can also contain a list of pages (Pinterest boards, Tumblr sub-blogs, Facebook and Google+ pages) that you have manually sent from the Pages tab to Ignore to avoid posting on them through JARVEE.
- For Facebook and Google+ profiles, the Ignore tab will also contain groups that you have manually sent from the Groups tab to the Ignore tab to avoid interacting with those groups.
- All ignored users, groups and pages are listed in the table. Table contains:
- Names of items
- Number of users (if item is a group),
- Date when the item was added to the Ignore tab,
- Source (if item is an unfollowed user),
- Type (user, page, group or event),
- Tag (if item is group, page or event)
- Link – ignored item’s URL
- Functions above the table will allow you to Export or Import items from/to the Ignore tab, send items from the Ignore tab of the current social profile to the Ignore tabs of all other profiles and remove all not selected items.
Note: To select items, you can check the box next to them in the SELECTED column.
- To select multiple items at once, filter them or execute bulk actions, you will need to use the ADVANCED SELECTION feature. After clicking on ADVANCED SELECTION, you will be able to filter items by name or tags and easily select them so you can remove them from the Ignore tab.
- You can also execute bulk actions on selected items through the ‘Execute Actions On Selected Items’ button.
- Removing users from the Ignore tab (for Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr social profiles) may result in following those users again.
- Groups and Pages/Boards that were sent to Ignore tab can be re-added in the respective tabs by deleting them from the Ignore tab and re-syncing the account.
Similar with the Groups tab, all associated pages of your account are automatically added to this tab after your profile has been added and account synchronization has occurred.
The Pages tab is available for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google Plus social profiles. What will you see in this tab depends on the social platform:
- For the Facebook, Google Plus and LinkedIn profiles, you will see a list of Pages that you are managing.
- For Pinterest, you will see a list of all Pinterest boards you have on your profile.
- For Tumblr, a list of your blogs will be added there.
- You will have the table with all Pages of the account. In the table you can see Name of the page (or event – for Facebook profiles), Type (page or event – for Facebook profiles) and tag.
- Last column on the right, the ACTIONS column, has four buttons:
- Browse – opens the page in an external browser
- Browse Embedded – opens the page through the account’s embedded browser for that specific Social profile
- Copy – copies the page’s URL so you can easily paste it wherever you need
- Send to Ignore– sends the page to the Ignore tab in case you want JARVEE to avoid posting to this page
- As already stated above, your pages are added here automatically, but you are not limited to that. You have the option to add other pages that you don’t own or manage through the ADD OTHER PAGE feature at the top of the Pages window. All you need to do is enter the Page name and URL and then click on ADD OTHER PAGE.
Note: The IMPORT OTHER PAGES button will allow you to import pages from .csv files; a pretty useful option especially if you have an existing list of pages you want to add.
- You also have the Filter feature. Filtering can be done by the names or the tags that you assigned to your pages.
- For added convenience, you can use the EXECUTE ACTIONS ON SELECTED ITEMS button located at the bottom of the Page’s tab to execute selected action on multiple Pages. Just select the Pages where you want to execute a particular action on prior to clicking the magic button. There are several bulk actions that you can execute such as sending the selected pages to other Pages tab of the same social network, adding/removing tags, sending the pages to the Ignore tab and so on.
- At the bottom of the Page’s tab, you will also find these buttons:
- Select All button – selects all pages
- Select None – deselects all pages
- Reverse Selection – deselects selected and selects not selected pages
- Show Only Selected Items – shows only selected pages in the list and removes the rest, to reverse this, just click on Show All button
The Groups tab in Social Profiles section will show you all the groups that your social profile has joined. This tab is available for Facebook, Google Plus and LinkedIn social profiles.
When you add a social profile to JARVEE for the first time, the application will automatically sync all the groups that this profile has joined and then add them to this tab. In case you join new groups later, they will also be added when the next synchronization occurs.
How often JARVEE will check for newly joined groups and do the syncing depends on the sync settings you have set in JARVEE’s general Settings or Advanced Settings for this specific social profile.
1. From the Groups tab, you will see all the Groups your account is associated with. The table contains the most important data about your groups like Name, number of members in the group and the tag you assigned to them.
2. Next to each group there are five buttons and of course, each one has a different purpose:
- BROWSE – opens the group in your external browser
- BROWSE EMBEDDED – opens the group in JARVEE’s Embedded Browser for that specific Social profile
- COPY – copies that group’s URL so you can easily paste it wherever you need
- SEND TO IGNORE – sends the group to the Ignore tab in case you want JARVEE to avoid posting to this group
- SEND TOUNJOINER– sends the group to theUnjoinertool so JARVEE can unjoin it when you start the tool
3. At the top of the Groups tab you will find filtering options so you can filter your groups by keywords or tags, but also filter them by the number of users.
4. There are a couple more functions located at the bottom of the page that can help you manage your groups more efficiently:
- Select All button – selects all groupsSelect None – deselects all groups
- Select None – deselects all groupsReverse Selection – deselects selected and selects not selected groups
- Reverse Selection – deselects selected and selects not selected groups Show Only Selected Items – shows only selected groups in the list and removes the rest, to reverse this, just click on Show All button
- Show Only Selected Items – shows only selected groups in the list and removes the rest, to reverse this, just click on Show All button
- Update # Users – updates number of members in each group. This feature is used in case you want to get the right number of group members at any given time.
5. In case you want to do bulk actions on the groups such as sending them to the Ignore tab, Unjoiner tool, Facebook Comment&Like tool (for Facebook social profiles only), tag them or remove tag, you can simply select the groups by checking the box next to them in the SELECTED column and then click on EXECUTE ACTIONS ON SELECTED ITEMS button located at the bottom of the page. The drop-down menu will show up and you will be able to execute your wanted action on multiple groups easily with one click.
Before you can take advantage of the full functionality that JARVEE has to offer, you will first need to add your accounts in Social Profiles. This action would be the heart and soul of your JARVEE venture.
By adding and validating your social accounts, you’ll be able to setup automated actions on your accounts such as posting and tools actions which would greatly help in growing your social media presence and eventually drive more traffic to your business
How to Add an Account
- To start adding your account, navigate to the “Social Profiles” section and click on the “Add Profile” button located at the left menu panel of JARVEE’s user interface.
- After you clicked on Add Profile button, a pop up window will appear and from there, you will be able to select the social network of the account you are about to add. You can add an account (one at a time) for any of the supported social networks which includes Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Tumblr.
Note: If you want to import social profiles in bulk, click on the SHOW DEMO IMPORT FILE link to get a sample format that is required in order to import multiple accounts successfully.
- For the purpose of this tutorial, we will add a Facebook account (the steps are pretty much the same as with adding an account for any other social platform) so click on the ‘Add Profile’ button below the Facebook logo
- You will then be re-directed to the Account Settings tab where you can add the account information such as the login credentials of the account as well as other details for the account.
- Adding an Account Name, description and tag to the account is optional but we highly suggest that you do it as it would make it easier to identify and sort out the accounts especially if you’ll be managing a lot of accounts in the future. Use a name, description or tag that best describes the account.
- Assigning a proxy for an account is also optional, it depends on how many accounts of the same social platform you’re planning to use on JARVEE. If you’ll be adding more than 3 accounts of the same social network, then we suggest using a proxy for the account as a precaution.
- Scrolling down the Settings tab, you will find the designated boxes where you need to provide the username and password of the account. Before you click the Verify Account button, make sure that you have the correct login information, otherwise, JARVEE will not be able to successfully login to your account.
Note: Alternately, if you don’t wish to add your username and password to JARVEE for automatic login, you can opt to do a ‘Manual login’ where you can login to through the embedded browser of the account just like how you would do normally on your regular browser. Please note though that when you choose to manually login, JARVEE will not be able to automatically re-login to the account.
- Finally, click the Verify Account button.
Note: A successful login attempt will show a ‘VALID’ status for the account. If you get a different status like:
Invalid Credentials – it means that either the username or password you provided is incorrect; remove and re-add both username and password by manually typing the information as opposed to doing a ‘copy and paste’ action.
Initializing – could mean that there could be an additional verification that requires your attention; you can click on the Browse button to check the embedded browser of the account and manually complete the required action
Invalid – this status is indicative of insufficient information required to validate the account
Pending – this means you have not clicked on the Verify Account button
Show Advanced Profile Settings
To access and configure an advanced account specific setting, tick the checkbox ‘Show Advanced Profile Settings’. You will see 4 sections: General, Synchronization, Info and Cookies.
In the General section you will find various useful features that will help you manage your accounts more efficiently.
- Enable Find and replace tokens – this option can be used to replace specific text in your published posts by this specific profile with your desired text.
- Clickable Image Post servers – used when you want to assign a specific clickable image server for the account; this server will be used whenever you publish a clickable image post on the account
- Enable Nightmode – in case you want to allot a local nightmode for a particular account, this is where you set it up. You may opt to randomize the hours when nigthmode will be active in the account or when the account is going to sleep.
Note: There are 2 ways of enabling nightmode in JARVEE, you have global and local. Global nightmode (in Settings Section of JARVEE), applies to all accounts running in JARVEE while local nightmode is limited to a specific account only.
- Send a maximum of X posts per day – this option that helps you control how many posts this specific account will publish each day so you don’t go over the limit in case the account is used as destination for multiple campaigns. If you do not want to limit the posting activity on the account, simply set it to 0.
- Enable stop account until certain date or after certain date – as implied, this feature will stop the account until or after the date specified there
- Embedded Browser UserAgent – this is where you can assign a different UserAgent for the account, otherwise JARVEE will use the UserAgent configured on the Settings – Software Settings Section.
- Startup URL — By default, startup URL of the profile is the social network’s URL, but in case you want to change that, you can use this option.
Upon successful login, JARVEE would then synchronize your account to get the friends, groups and pages/boards (depending on social platform) associated with your account so you may then use them within the software.
You have the option to set how often the account will do a sync action as well as the information that will be gathered during the said process.
On this section of Advanced Profile Settings you can:
- Reset account – this will clear all data for that account
- Mark as Valid – used in case the account is successfully logged in but JARVEE shows it’s invalid due to changes made by social networks. This rarely happens and we solve these issues with regular updates.
- Copy Settings – an option that you can use to copy settings from one account to another. For example, if you set the night mode on your account and want to copy it to other accounts, you can use it to do this quickly and avoid setting night mode for every social account separately.
If you have existing cookies for the account (from an external browser) and you want to use it on JARVEE, you have the option to import them before you validate the account. You can also export cookies if you need to.