If you want your accounts to get noticed and attract your target audience, the comment tool will help you achieve this. Whether you want to comment on your own post or others’ post, you can easily set it up and encourage users to get interested and engage with your content.
This tool is available for Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest. To find the Comment Tool, go to the TOOLS tab and click on your account or More Tools action link.
- For Facebook, you will see the Comment&Like Tool
- For Pinterest and LinkedIn go to the Comment Tool.
While each Comment Settings tab page may look slightly different, in the options are quite the same, thus you set them all up in a similar manner.
It is important to start with safe settings and by ‘safe’, we mean not too aggressive. Always warm it up first then steadily increase to your preferred settings. Too many comments in a short period of time is risky, it can make your account appear unnatural.
These are the main settings that you need to configure:
- Wait time between each operation
- How many comments to be executed per operation
- Maximum comments the account will execute each day
- During what interval of the day this tool should be working
- Days of week when the tool will do the comment actions
How JARVEE finds the posts:
- This tool will comment based on keywords that you choose. For all supported networks, you can add one or multiple keywords from which JARVEE will execute comments. Keywords should be separated by comma.
- Each keyword or set of keywords can have their own text for comment. This is awesome, because you can target different kind of users and content, but still make comments appropriate for the topic.
Tip: You can use spinning syntax feature that will make your comments unique and to build up account credibility.
- When you’re done creating your comment message, click on the ‘Add Input’ button
- The added keyword/s and comment/s will be displayed on the comment table at the bottom.
- You can start the tool by clicking on the ‘Start Auto Comment’ button’ at the upper right corner of the page.
You will see results of this tool in the Results tab. This will help you to keep track on when the comment was posted, what keyword was used and what was the content of the comment.
Tip: To quickly check how many comments your tool executed that day and if the tool is working smoothly, go to the TOOLS dashboard and see these details within the Comment tool column of your account.