JARVEE Guest Posting Rules and Benefits
Want to submit your guest post to the JARVEE blog?
Please review the guidelines below before submitting your guest post in order to not waste both our times. Otherwise, we won’t review your submission!
NOTE Due to the huge number of submission we get and the amount of time it takes us to review and post everything there is a one time fee of $35 for the review and editorial process. Read more below at point 7.
There are also many benefits for submitting your original guest post, read about that below in the “What’s in it for me?” section.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Your guest post should be relevant.
The JARVEE blog covers topics including social media, social marketing, Facebook tips and tricks, twitter tutorials, Pinterest marketing strategies and good business practices. Our audience is looking for fresh ideas and better ways to succeed online, get new leads and increase their business’ visibility.
This being said we won’t accept anything related to other topics that do not interest us or our readers.
2. Your guest post should be well written.
We are only looking for high-quality articles, with a good command of punctuation, grammar, organization, language, style, clarity, and tone. We’re definitely not looking for badly written articles that are barely in English and you should not expect us to edit or re-work your article for you.
Here are some tips you should follow:
- Article should be at least 1000 words long, we don’t feel you can seriously cover a topic in a 400 words piece.
- Don’t fill the article with useless information just to make it longer
- Don’t make a useless/big introduction on “what social media is” or other things like that – get to the point
- Don’t re-write the same idea throughout the article several times just for the sake of making it longer
- Edit your post well, you should read and re-writer it several times, so it makes perfect sense. Ideally leave it for a day or two and re-read it again, you will spot any problems with it right away.
- Be coherent throughout the article, don’t jump from one idea to the other
- Have a good conclusion for the article, it should encourage conversation and discussion and it should sum up what you’ve talked about in your piece.
3. Your guest post should be useful.
We are not looking for re-hashed information or stuff that has been talked about everywhere. Our readers are looking for helpful, practical, interesting, useful and actionable information that they can use immediately and can bring them significant benefits so that’s what we require from you.
- Are you passionate about a subject and know everything about it? Teach others how to do it the right way.
- Did you find a common problem that people are struggling with? Teach them the best way of doing it so they succeed in their endeavors.
- Have any tips and tricks that worked for you and your business? Present them in an easy to follow way so other people can put them to good use as well.
- Have an opinion about something? Share it with the rest of us in an objective manner, explore pros and cons and make us understand your point of view with persuasive arguments.
4. Your guest post should be unique.
We only accept unique articles, that have not been posted anywhere else and that will not be posted anywhere else after they appear on the JARVEE blog. If you submit your article to us and it gets accepted, we own it.
- Be creative with your articles, there’s always a new take on things, find it and exploit it.
- Be unique, you can go through our blog and see the topics we have covered, find something new that we have missed and write a great piece on that.
- Be interesting – make the readers want to go through the whole article in order to learn something new, understand a new concept or your point of view.
5. Editorial guidelines.
- Include an author bio with your guest post, 1-3 sentences long, make it interesting and easy to read
- You can have 1 link to your blog/site and another to one of your social profiles in your author bio
- Affiliate links are not permitted in the article or author bio
- Include at least 4 links within the article linking to the sources you used for writing it or any other relevant places. The links must be of high quality or authority sites. No links towards your site/blog in the article.
- Include 2-3 relevant images for the article, they must be “free to use” images, if you’ve taken them from somewhere send the link to that place as well
- Submit the article in Word .docx format
- Again, article must be unique, not offered or published anywhere else.
We reserve the right to make any changes that we consider necessary to your article in order to make it a perfect fit for our audience and blog. We will share the changes with you before publishing the article.
If we review and accept your guest post and it appears on the JARVEE blog, you grant us a license to be the exclusive publisher. You can re-publish small extracts on your site if you want but you cannot publish the exact same article anywhere else. We become sole owners of the article, you will get credited as the author in the author bio though.
6. What’s in it for me?
There are several benefits of writing an amazing guest post from us, here are the main ones:
- You get your article seen by a lot of visitors in your industry, you get your name and ideas known and have a chance of becoming an authority
- You get a lot of potential traffic to your blog/site, we have an Alexa of 199.000 and dropping, with over 70.000 pageviews per month
- We will share your article on our social media accounts consisting of posts to tens of relevant Facebook groups, tens of relevant g+ communities, several relevant LinkedIn groups, over 50 twitter walls, several Pinterest accounts
- We will share your article on several blogging and social media marketing popular communities like Bizsugar, Blogengage, GrowthHackers, Inbound, Reddit and several more.
- The very best article also get mentioned in our bi-weekly newsletter to all our subscribers
As you can see, you can expect a lot of interaction and visibility for your article, so make it count and you might very well become the next authority in your field.
7. Does it cost anything?
We get a lot of submissions and it takes time for us to go through all of them, review and edit them in order to fit our blog vision. In order for us to continue to do this for you there is a one time fee of $35 that goes to the review and editorial process.
This fee is to be paid only if the article is reviewed and accepted on our blog. It needs to be paid previous to the actual posting of the article though.
For the $35 you get the following basic package:
- Review, edit and posting of your article on our blog
- All above rules apply, promotional links are allowed only inside the bio
- It is posted under the author “Contributing Guest”
- One free revision after the article is posted up to 1 month of the posting date. All other revisions will incur a one time payment of $5
If you really want to support our blog and effort you can go for the pro package of $70 that has the following perks:
- Review, edit and posting of your article on our blog
- All above rules apply, you are also allowed 1 link within the article if it’s relevant to the article only, otherwise it still has to go in the bio section
- Article will be posted under one of our regular authors, not the “contributing guest” one
- Two free revisions after the article is posted up to 2 months of the posting date. All other revisions will incur a one time payment of $5
8. Ok, I want to send you my article.
If you’ve gotten this far and managed to read through all the guidelines and more importantly if you agree with everything and believe you can do a great job and write an amazing article then go ahead and use the contact us form to let us know. What to include:
- your article idea and title and a summary of what we can find in it
- a list of 3-5 other article that you’ve written and that you’re so proud of that want to share with us – we do want to check that you can do a good job
If we like what you’ve written so far and the idea for your guest post we’ll write back with the go-ahead and you can start writing the article and send it over when ready.
9. We’ve posted the article.
If everything went well and you sent us an amazing article and we published it, we’ll do our best to advertise it like we said in the “What’s in it for me?” . We do require 2 more small things from you:
- share it on your social accounts as well, the more social reach it has the better it is for both of us.
- reply to every comment our readers make to your article as you’re in the best position to help them