Once a new social platform emerges, it always has an element of commerce to it because it is a great way to expand your business, establish a group of faithful followers, and let your company be known. In the case with TikTok, there is a lot of confusion associated with this particular medium as many people mistakenly think that it is only suitable for teenagers and those who plan to get famous by posting video blogs of going through the trendy cafes and the boutique shops.
In reality, TikTok is much more than that because it represents a youthful culture where your business can be easily expanded if some serious study is done. At the same time, if you plan to reach a serious audience, it is crucial to find creative ways to go past the silly lip-syncing videos and still stir some hype among the users who follow you.
Why Use TikTok For Your Business?
The answer is quite simple: to reach a greater audience and talk to those who follow the latest technology trends. Reaching the top of the Apple Store and numerous other apps stores, it quickly became a platform that has made TikTok advertisement in demand in the entertainment industry. According to GlobalWebIndex research, unlike Vine or short Instagram videos, TikTok tends to creative work and analysis.
What makes it different is a connection with users and an ability to advertise without forcing anyone to browse through the content. The key is to create something fun and unusual that inspires the audience, so once a person decides to watch the video and learn more about the business channel in question, they also discover more about the company and follow you around by asking questions or sharing information with the friends.
Not many people may remember the MySpace service today, yet it was a good example of how each person was free to design and create a personal webspace where videos, music, and the pictures were shared. Unlike Facebook, you were in charge of every little thing and could watch the statistics. Now TikTok must be taken with a similar approach – be unique and stand apart from the rest.
- Invest in TikTok advertisements. As is the case with every business plan, invest some time and the funds in a good TikTok marketing strategy that fits your vision. It must be possible to trace the results of your plan in about 2 weeks since your start. You can always use the free TikTracker application to stay in control of all the fans, followers, comments, and so on.
- Create a business outline. There is nothing worse than starting anything on TikTok without due preparation and a study of your business goals. If you want to bring in a social initiative, it is one thing but if you want to promote a business brand within the fans of anime or 3D modeling, it is a different approach. The best way is to start with an outline where every goal is clearly outlined. If you plan to post video tutorials, it must be created in the same style, so the people know that it is you. Remember to add your brand logo and use captions, if relevant.
- Study your audience first. One of the most crucial parts of expanding your business with the help of TikTok is knowing your audience. According to statistics, the majority of people that use the platform are below 30. However, there are always exceptions to the rule as the place is becoming more popular just like Instagram. The first step to learning more about your audience is checking the videos according to relevant tags. See what is popular, ask questions, examine the missing topics, and see how your business can help fill the void.
- Use relevant hashtags. While the concept of the hashtags is not new with social media like Instagram or Twitter, things get more complex when it comes down to the TikTok platform. Many hashtags lead to particular subjects. It is the case when “the more, the merrier” aspect works because if you add many tags that may attract the right audience, it will bring more visitors. Invest time to learn more about TikTok hashing algorithms and how to find the right ones that are currently trending. It always helps to get your wording correct in the age of slang and abbreviations!
- Participate in challenges. If you believe that replying to a challenge is not your cup of tea (or coffee!), then you are wrong! Many great challenges make TikTok special. Moreover, many people who choose TikTok for business participate in various challenges that help spread a good message or focus on environmental, political or even educational issues. It will not only make you popular but will also show the audience that you are real and care for the TikTok culture. If the people see that there is some fun involved, they are more likely to click as they become your next followers.
- The influencers set the scene. Collaborate with influencers, exchange ideas, make new friends. This trendy platform is all about good social skills, being creative, and making new friends. Once you learn more about how social media influencers work, you will see how your business can benefit from every little mentioning online in someone’s video. This is where the famous “I saw it in someone else’s video” part works best! Share someone’s message in your video and ask for the same favor in return because it is how the world spins.
- Post various content. Even if your business is serious and you think that there is no place for fun, it does not mean that you cannot stay away from being overly serious and post something different. TikTok is where people like to go a little bit crazy. In other words, diversity is what makes your content inspiring. You can follow the same posting scheme and keep up with the design of your company. Just take your time to make a sudden change, risk, participate in fun campaigns, entertain your audience, and motivate others to do the same. If you inspire people, they will spread the word about your business. Even in the short run, it will always pay off with many new visitors and sales!
What TikTok Advertisement Plan is Right For Me?
You can choose among four advertising plans, most of which will be familiar to Instagram users. The most popular is the Native Content Feed, which is mainly used to direct a person towards a website or another download. The next one is Branding Ads, which stands for the creation of special images, videos or hashtags for various challenges. This particular feature works for a day only, so use it wisely for hot deals or special discounts. If it is relevant to your business, use Branding Ads as a way to promote your company with an introduction video as you start.
The third option relates to Hashtags Planning and stands for the challenges and the games. It is the fun part about using TikTok as the fun and unusual challenges quickly go viral. Now the last part is called Branded Lenses. It deals with special filters and effects. Customize your logo, add some 2D or 3D effects, and let your audience test your products. The practice shows that there is no perfectly right Ad plan, so the best way is to combine the existing options and try it all out as you go!
About the author
Mark has been through researching the latest technology news and healthy lifestyle. Also he is exploring translation services reviews that help brands to expend in social media internationally in the age of globalization. His posts are always fun and entertaining. Follow Mark as he guides you through doing business online tips and getting successful!