Working on marketing projects today is a multi-component, intricate process that involves many tools and organizational efforts. With today’s automation opportunities, managing the team during their project work and helping them reach goals successfully becomes much easier. The key is choosing the right marketing project management software to facilitate teams and projects at every step.
The Gist of Marketing Project Management
Every marketing project sets different goals to promote business according to the market and niche conditions. However, the management work is always the same: to plan, execute, and oversee the project. Every mentioned element requires attention, a scrupulous approach, and diligence. You cannot provide all that with only human resources, so you need assisting solutions – project management software.
Marketing Project Management Stages and Elements
Below, you will read about the elements of the marketing project and the stages that management works through to make the process run smoothly.
Key Aspects to Consider
Here are some of the points where managers should pay particular attention:
- Project planning. It consists of many steps because you need to set goals, decide on the budget and resources, gather the team, and assign roles. All that must be done even before the task distinction. Considerate planning allows for simplifying all the next steps, so you should always take your time in this aspect.
- Team coordination. Setting the channels of communication is one of the crucial questions to solve. It includes searching for tools for video meetings, text chats, document flow, etc.
- Resource management. This point should cover everything you distribute – from people to budget. Distribution is efficient only with systematic monitoring and control. Resource management should also be adaptable if the project is long-term because conditions can change drastically over time.
- Timeline management. Deadlines, milestones, and everything else limited in time should be subject to timeline management. As time is also a resource, supervision is fundamental at this point.
- Risk management. Marketing projects involve risks, and the larger the scope – the more risks you should foresee. Risk management allows for mitigating most of them before they become serious problems.
- Quality control. Set the criteria for the final product and intermediate results. Throughout work and before finalizing the project, management conducts quality control.
- Stakeholder communication. All parties involved in the process should stay in touch and communicate their ideas effectively. Management finds the appropriate channels of communication to ensure the information flow.
- Evaluation and analysis. Assess how effective the entire team and every other member were in the process to reveal areas for development. Thus, the team will keep professionally growing.
- Dividing large projects into smaller tasks allows adapting to new conditions more quickly. Marketing project management should acclimatize to new environments to reach success.
The mentioned management process elements are presented in the next paragraph.
Steps of the Marketing Project Management
Generally, the marketing project consists of seven steps:
- Initiation. It is a pre-planning stage when you define the underlying aspects: goals, key roles, and viability.
- Planning. It suggests a more detailed description of what you have defined in the previous step. Here, you can also distribute resources, such as time, money, etc.
- Execution. You bring the project to life according to the plan you have developed. Adjust and correct the plan accordingly to changing conditions while keeping up with pre-set milestones.
- Monitoring. Watch, control, and guide the team members on all stages. It saves time and guarantees high quality.
- Closing. Document mistakes, successful ideas, budgets, and other project characteristics.
- Post-implementation analysis. Draw the bottom line based on what you have documented.
- Feedback and iteration. Ask people for their opinions. Team members, managers, and clients usually have much to tell about the project.
At every stage, the project suggests much documentation and working with information. You need a fundamental tool to collect, organize, store, and manipulate such an amount of data.
Planfix: Platform for Efficient Work Organization
Planfix is an integral platform for marketing project management. Your entire company can work with the same tool and use all its functions they need. Along with such adaptivity, the platform is also very reliable. The software solution offers the following features:
- Project templates. They help automate manual filling processes and save time. You can also tailor basic templates to your needs.
- Gantt Charts. These are good for visualizing your tasks in a timeline.
- Every team can set the workspace with the features they need for effective program usage.
- Task scripts. These help you automate repetitive processes to focus on more meaningful tasks.
- Status sets. Status change notifications keep the team informed promptly.
- You can use those available by default and add custom buttons to create a more convenient and comfortable work environment.
- Daily calendar and schedule. You can see your timeline and plan your work accordingly. It facilitates cooperation within the team and between different teams.
- Kanban, Scrum, and their variations. These work organization techniques belong to the Agile development approach, which also applies to marketing project management on Planfix.
- The platform allows working with many popular third-party tools, like e-mail or messengers, directly from the platform. Custom integrations are available due to APIs.
- Budgeting and accounting. Data tags, reports, and other features facilitate resource monitoring considerably.
On top of all listed above, you will also have access to archives, where you can see all the document versions and other useful information about the project. It facilitates revealing and correcting mistakes and serves many other purposes.
Marketing projects have many steps, so management should consider many aspects while planning, executing, and summarizing the outcome. At all stages of work, people deal with loads of information and need to communicate, so they require a reliable platform that allows all that. Planfix provides many features for comfortable project management — from task planning to accounting and collecting feedback. This platform allows the entire company to work smoothly and provides various options for integrations to keep in contact with clients. Use Planfix to boost your marketing project management to new heights!
About the Author
Jenna Kramer works as a Growth Assistant for a social platform where people ask questions, get expert video consultations, and share knowledge and experience. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering and has been working in the field of Digital Marketing for the past two years. She is also a voracious reader and a big sports fan.