To advertise a brand on Facebook, you must first create a business page. This is a mandatory step for paid promotion in the social network. It is through the advertising office that payment for services is made.
The Complete Guide on Facebook Branded Content
Facebook and its Instagram, Whatsapp, Messenger are probably the only Internet holding company that still has room to grow in terms of audience. Facebook has its laws for creating a user’s news feed, which makes promoting a business more difficult.
A public page is the most understandable tool for brand promotion on Facebook, the result of which, with the right approach, is immediately visible.
Public pages have several sections (tabs) – photos/videos, events, a store with goods, reviews, special offers. Facebook has developed typical design options for public pages for different types of businesses – a combination of tabs and buttons for companies, restaurants, venues, non-profit organizations, and politicians. For example, a template for a store highlights essential points for a page visitor – reviews, a showcase with goods, and special offers.
Why Do You Need Facebook For Your Brand?
First, decide which direction will move forward. How to do it? Analyze the following points and think over an action strategy:
- Facebook is an additional channel for notifying the target audience about important news, discounts, useful information content, etc.
- It is also a great way to increase company recognition.
- Advertising on Facebook is a chance to use a broad audience to increase sales, as well as get additional referrals to the site.
- Lastly, it is a method of obtaining a new database of email addresses, which can then be used in commercial interests.
Tips to Follow When You Register The Page
Once you have decided on the goals of creation, we proceed directly to registration. To do this, go to the necessary section and select the type of business page.
- If you want to designate a company geographically, then select “Local company or place.” To register, specify the necessary data: the name of the company or brand, contact details, and the exact address.
- For large corporations, the media, political organizations, choose the type of “Companies, organizations, and institutions.” In this case, you only need to indicate the brand name. Enter a specific recipient, and contacts are not necessary.
- If you are going to advertise and sell the company’s products on Facebook through the network, then choose the direction of “Brands and Products.”
How to Name Your Page Properly
From the very beginning, try to select the correct name because it will be difficult to change later, sometimes even impossible. If you need to rename, you’ll need to write to the FB administration, and there is no guarantee that you will succeed. One more thing, note that Facebook has some restrictions on names.
What is prohibited:
- Offensive content;
- A name that infringes copyright;
- You cannot use only capital letters. An exception is an abbreviation;
- The FB does not tolerate lies, because if the page is unofficial, you have to indicate this;
- Common words that do not fully characterize the organization.
How to Create Unique Facebook Content
For the target audience to go to the public and want to stay in it, you need to create content that is not present anywhere else. For example, post articles and interviews with opinion leaders, market experts.
Unfortunately, it is practically impossible for a young page with a small number of subscribers to get an expert article created especially for you. What should you do then?
Try to “combine the content”: ask a distinguished specialist by phone (Skype) to answer some of your questions, summarize the conversation, and then independently collect the information bit by bit in a full article and indicate the authorship of the expert.
Such an approach is beneficial for everyone: you have authoritative information in the community from the industry leader, and the expert will get a mention in an article having spent 5-7 minutes on a conversation. There’s a high chance that the expert will later repost your publication in a personal profile.
How to Deploy/Post Your Facebook Brand Content
- Distribute posts on personal profiles
If you mark a person in the post via “@,” the publication will appear on their personal page and in the stream of their friends. It works as an organic ad. But there are some peculiarities there: you can use such a mention only if it is allowed by the privacy settings.
- Distribute posts in other people’s public
Make friends with the community and related community administrators. Exchange articles, ask for a mutual PR. Everyone needs good and quality content. Create such content and offer it to thematic publics.
- Recruit specialists
If under the publication, you see a question that one of the experts in the field can answer, mention it in the comments. Do it carefully, do not abuse. Invite only those you know personally.
How to Promote Your Brand Content with Limited Budget?
SMM is now at the peak of popularity – hundreds of agencies and freelancers offer promotion services on social networks. Everyone has different approaches: someone gives sales guarantees, someone promises to reach the target audience, but often the costs of SMM are not justified because contractors are not sufficiently involved in the life of the company and even mislead customers.
Still, you can promote your Facebook page with a minimum budget. Here are a few tips:
- Invest in post promotion. Run targeted advertising – look for the right audience by geolocation, interests, age, and many other socio-demographic interests. New and captivating publications that get clicked on can lead visitors to your site for 3-7 cents/click.
- Track your promotion performance. Use UTM tags in the links that you give in posts, and monitor the conversion in Google Analytics. By looking at the result of SMM on Facebook, it will be possible to understand whether it is advisable to invest money and effort in this advertising tool.
- Keep a page inside the company. Only you or your employees can correctly tell about the product or service, answer questions, quickly take pictures of the production, receive expert commentary – in a word, make content.
- Do not chase quantity. For a successful SMM, you do not have to post three posts a day – even three posts a week are enough. Just do not forget to work with the comments and private messages of subscribers.
To sum everything up, let’s review your essential steps in building your brand awareness with the help of Facebook.
- Identify the interests of subscribers and create a content strategy;
- Find experts in your field, enlist their support, and start creating high-quality, specialized content;
- Distribute your content across relevant pages and with the help of opinion leaders.
In the end, it is worth mentioning that for the best results you should not only follow the guide but employ new strategies as well.
We’d like to learn more about your work with Facebook. Which techniques do you use to promote your brand with the help of this social network?
About the author
Marie Barnes is a Marketing Communication Manager at LinksManagement and an enthusiastic blogger interested in writing about technology, social media, work, travel, lifestyle, and current affairs. She shares her insights through blogging. Follow her on Medium.