The outbreak of COVID-19 disrupted our lives, and our businesses have suffered for it as well. This pandemic has changed the landscape of business totally, with the whole world feeling the consequences. No business was left untouched, but fortunately, not all hope is lost. There are always opportunities for growth and mechanisms for overcoming challenges with every disruption. Businesses are usually more efficient, creative, and sharper than before during times of crisis.
Businesses with the right mindset will be able to take advantage of this crisis and use it to find strategic ideas that can make their company thrive now and in the future. You need to understand your customers and the market to discover and recognize new opportunities for your business growth.
This article explains to marketers three essential marketing strategies that can help them grow in the post-COVID world. With these strategies, you can be sure that your business will not only survive but will thrive after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Answer to the crisis
The American association of advertising agencies held a recent study which shows that up to 56% of customers love the fact that many businesses are helping out during the COVID-19 pandemic. There are many ways in which brands are helping out with the pandemic. Some brands took it upon themselves to offer help to healthcare institutions that need it the most at this time, and some others helped out with the affected communities.
Many brands and businesses have responded to the crisis in this way, giving out relief, levity, and other resources to the people affected by this crisis. They also provide special resource pages, new services, special offers, and so many other approaches that have helped in many ways.
Here are examples of businesses responding to the COVID crisis in their way:
- Sisense is providing analytics for communities and customers in their fight against COVID-19. They offer relief packages, free analytics, strategic consulting, and professional services for customers.
- HubSpot introduced numerous resources and support measures to help communities and customers with the help that they need to survive these difficult times. A part of this is the sales and marketing benchmark data, new content series, and a HubSpot community in which people can connect and communicate with professionals and people of like minds from all over the world.
- Quasar is also helping customers during this period of uncertainty, offering aids for their business continuity. The company expanded its manufacturing capacity to help medical device firms with challenges meeting up with their production goals.
One of the problems that the COVID-19 pandemic brought is the lockdown restrictions and the inability to meet up physically. This has caused many businesses to work remotely and means that most of the meetings taking place during this period are virtual.
Although these restrictions are already lifted partially in many places, and things are beginning to return to normal, virtual meetings are still necessary until we’re sure that we can go back to our lives fully. This allows you to host virtual events.
Virtual events have been invaluable for business during the COVID-19 crisis for many reasons, and this technology will only continue even after COVID-19. So, it is now a marketing strategy that you have to adopt after the pandemic. People can be part of a virtual event from different parts of the world. All that they need is internet connectivity. So you can have a vast audience while hosting a virtual event. It is also very cheap to host. There’s no such thing as booking a venue or hiring someone to plan the event, so you get to save a lot. Lastly, these events can be measured. You can determine the number of people in attendance, their residence, the most popular sessions, and how attendees got their tickets.
There are numerous examples of video marketing platforms that businesses can use, and a good example is Wista CounchCon. They had their first virtual event in 2018, and it was called CouchCon. There were 13 influencers at this event, teaching the attendees on how to use video for marketing.
Virtual events allow you to connect with top personalities in your industry and customers and enable you to reach out to more people than you can with an offline meeting.
Identify the pains within your industry
Without a doubt, many industries were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to the industries having to reinvent themselves to prepare them for the future. For example, the tourism industry has to look into options such as visual tours and show 3D visuals to customers of tourist spots.
It is now evident that businesses will lose their places in the market, totally if they do not reinvent themselves early enough. Resilience and agility are two characteristics that brands have to show if they want to come out of this crisis on top. They have to be flexible when they need to be and must have the determination to remain strong when they need to be.
A vital marketing strategy for businesses is identifying the significant problems and pains that the customers might be suffering within their industry. This will give your business a lucrative opportunity which you can leverage to grow and boom.
Here are a few examples of how companies in different industries are trying to capitalize on the new pains that customers in their industry are facing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Quasar medical: these are manufacturers of medical devices that identified the increase in need of medical devices as a significant problem in the medical industry and capitalized on it. Many manufacturing industries shut down due to the crisis, but this company continued its full operation and reached out to the client that needed new manufacturers that can meet their increasing demand.
- Vintage Grape: this wine manufacturing company took the sales of their wine online, as many other wine manufacturers did. However, they were very quick to identify this opportunity, and they were able to leverage on it before others even started to think of it.
- Game makers: one of the biggest winners from this crisis are the makers and sellers of games. As people were forced to stay at home, they had too much time with nothing to do, so they turned to games. This led to a significant increase in the demand for different games.
- Artists and handcrafts: during this crisis, artists are becoming more prominent as they are seen as essential professionals. These lots use their ability and gifts to help people cope with this situation, foster unity among people, and heal them from the pandemic’s pains. Artists are now advertising their best works online and are getting massive viewership from it. The fact that many people spend more time on the internet during this crisis was the perfect opportunity for them to promote themselves and their work.
Many businesses are struggling to survive because of the impact of COVID-19 on their operations. Thankfully, a crisis doesn’t always spell the end. It also brings about opportunities for bold, thoughtful, and creative people to take advantage of. This article contains three essential marketing strategies that businesses can adopt after COVID to go beyond just surviving but booming.
Jessica Chapman, a writing editor from Chicago, is working with Buy an Essay Online Safe. She is into sport and politics and enjoys traveling.