Are you having a hard time attracting more clients with your content marketing? You are definitely not alone. Many people know how to develop good content, but not many really understand how to attract clients through content marketing.
Here, we will show you four content marketing hacks to increase your search traffic, attract more potential prospects, and convert them into purchasing clients.
Without further ado, let us start with the first one.
1. Update Your Older Content
Content marketing is not a one-off job, but rather a continuous effort.
Even if one of your content has ranked well on Google, doesn’t mean it will stay there forever. New blog posts and new YouTube videos come and go every single day, so even if your content has climbed to the top, it’s important to update them every now and then.
On the other hand, even older blog posts can be recycled to perform better, so don’t discount older blog posts that didn’t get any attention last year.
The truth is, content marketing is very competitive right now, and whatever topic you are covering, there can be hundreds of blog posts and videos already on this topic. If you don’t rank on the first page of Google’s SERP, 90% of people won’t see it. Yet, it’s no secret that Google prioritizes the latest content with the most up-to-date information.
Here are some tips in updating older content:
- Check all facts, data, and statistics included in the content, and update as needed. Don’t forget to remove irrelevant ones
- Update any images, this is very important since graphic trends are moving so fast
- Check for any broken links, and update any links if you have sources that are two years or older
- Check for any examples you used in the content (companies, case studies), update if necessary
- Update your title, in most cases adding something like [2021 Update] is enough so Google can pick it up, but change your title if necessary
- Rewrite your intro and conclusion sections to be more relevant
2. Craft Optimized and Shareable Headlines
There’s a reason people use clickbait headlines: it works. There are phrases and sentences we are naturally more attracted to than others, and having an optimized headline simply means you are halfway there in attracting more clients.
We don’t really have a lot of time grabbing someone’s attention. On average, we only have 8 seconds before losing them to your competitors.
Yet, creating optimized headlines with high click-throug-rate is already hard enough, and having a shareable headline is simply easier said than done.
No worry, though, and here are some important tips you can try right away:
- Know your target audience. This is the most important thing to focus on. The perfect headline is the one that attracts your target audience but at the same time encourages curiosity.
- Clearly communicate the immediate benefit of consuming the content. Show them that this content can:
- Answer their question (i.e. “How can we attract more clients in 2021? Here is how”)
- Solves a problem (i.e. “Are you losing clients? Here is how you can reverse the damage”)
- Produces immediate positive results (i.e. “Here Is How You Can Be More Productive While Working from Home”)
- Includes number or data when you can, but don’t force it
- Show urgency or exclusivity when you can
- Include your target keywords, if you can put it upfront, the better. However, it’s much more important to engage your audience than optimizing your title for keywords
3. Synergize Your Content and Social Media
In this age of social media, it’s quite obvious that promoting our content via social media is a necessity. Also, we have to remember that any form of social media marketing is also a content marketing by itself.
Here are some tips on how we can utilize social media to boost our content marketing’s performance:
- Remember that your social media channel is and should be two-way communication. Be proactive and respond to your audience’s questions and feedback. People are more likely to purchase from brands that are actively engaging their audience on social media.
- Always share your post with relevant images whenever possible. Remember that you don’t have a lot of time in attracting our audience’s eyes on social media, and an attractive image can significantly help
- Always be clear and to the point when promoting your content on social media. You might want to tweak your title and headlines if necessary.
- Don’t forget to link your website in your social media post, an obvious point but still a pretty common mistake
- Use social media to let your audience to be involved in the content creation process. For example, you can ask your audience on what kinds of content they want next, or if there’s any feedback for the previous content.
Remember the most important purpose of your social media is to be social, so emphasize engaging your audience and be as interactive as possible.
4. Effective Guest Posting To Amplify Your Reach
Guest posting (or collaboration in YouTube videos and being a guest in Podcast shows) has two benefits to your content marketing: introducing yourself or your brand to other people’s audience to attract more potential clients, and at the same time providing the valuable backlinks to your website.
Link building is still one of the most important aspects of content marketing for startups. Yet, the main focus in guest posting should be to attract more visitors and potential clients.
The most important factor here is to find the right website/channel/show to be a guest in. The site should already attract the same audience as yours, but at the same time should help you in attracting people you haven’t interacted with.
Do a quick Google search for your topic/target keyword, and check for the top-ranking content pieces. Depending on your policy, you might or might not want to guest post on your competitors’ sites, so pick accordingly.
You can also use various analytics tools to help you check the ‘target’ sites’ overall authority and social influence.
Don’t aim in getting a guest post opportunity right away, but build a relationship first. You can, for example, engage in their social media conversations and ask relevant questions. After a few engagements, then it’s time to outreach for a guest post opportunity.
No matter how good your content is, it won’t bring you any value if you can’t generate enough traffic and attract more visitors. This is how the four content marketing hacks above can help you.
Last but not least, don’t forget the importance of offering great service and delivering great products to assist your content marketing’s performance. Word-of-mouth referrals remain one of the best ways to attract more clients, and you won’t get them if you are not delivering your promise.
About the author:
Mike Khorev is an SEO expert who helps SaaS, software, IT, technology, B2B and startup companies generate more leads and sales and grow revenue online. He offers expert advice on marketing your company the right way through performance-based SEO, inbound marketing, conversion rate optimization, search engine marketing and many other online practices.