Many of us keep hearing the buzz phrase “digital marketing.” This fast-paced branch of eCommerce is not getting more popular without reason. Since the turn of the 21st century, it has revolutionized global economic standards.
In this era where high-quality education has become expensive, digital marketing presents itself as a good career path or side hustle for university students. It can serve as a source of income without affecting your studying routine.
However, most students are confused about the steps to take to learn online advertising. The best bet is to take an online course. And fortunately, that is what this guide will do. It will expose you to five of the best digital marketing courses for college folks. Read on!
#1 Google Digital Marketing Courses (offered on Google Digital Garage)
Google offers some free business development courses on Digital Garage, its online learning platform. The Fundamentals of digital marketing is one of the courses within this specialization. The digital marketing aspect of the courses is free with certification.
The Open University, UK, recognizes this certification. You will learn the basics of how to build a business from scratch. You will also learn how to promote your business with content marketing and mobile marketing. You can complete some of the courses in a few hours. Other more intense courses will take over a day.
During the course duration, you will learn:
- Tips for building and supporting a solid customer base on the web.
- How to promote your business with social media.
- Strategies to expand an online business to other countries.
#2 Digital Marketing Specialist Master’s Program (offered on Simplilearn)
This program is a good one for university students looking to break into digital marketing. During the course, you will watch videos, do assignments and take examinations. This fully-fledged digital marketing program lasts for a year and doesn’t require any prerequisites.
In the course, you will learn about website conversion rate optimization, enhanced mobile promotions, web analytics, and digital channels. It costs over $1000 and comes with a certification.
This course is a perfect option to prepare you for the professional advertisement world. The aims of the course from Simplilearn include:
- Bringing students in contact with experts with over a decade of work experience
- Giving learners access to simulation software to conceptualize issues and run media campaigns
- Exposure to how real-world problems work and how to solve them.
- To let students learn in a virtual, self-paced, and professional classroom environment.
- To know about 5G and its importance for media and marketing: Students should get to learn about how new technologies like 5G will drive global connectivity for effective marketing.
There are several argumentative essays on 5G technology online. Irrespective of what these essay samples say about 5G, we are sure that it will drive economic growth and business productivity.
#3 Reliablesoft academy courses (available on Reliablesoft’s website)
Reliablesoft is a reputable agency that has been into digital marketing and search engine optimization for years. They have developed a bundle of online courses on digital ads. The content of these courses is based on their practical experience over the years.
You will learn the theory and practical aspects of online promotions. The course content covers Google analytics, keyword research, email marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO). You will pay to get the certification which can open new career opportunities for you.
This complete digital marketing course from Reliablesoft will benefit you as follows
- Learn how to elevate your online presence as a digital marketer.
- Take exams to certify that you understand the basics of digital marketing.
- Discover updates on the latest marketing techniques because things keep changing.
#4 Digital Media and Marketing Certificate by Duke University continuing studies (offered on Duke University’s official website)
The course from Duke University covers eight core areas of digital marketing. It also prepares students for higher certification examinations like the OMCP and OMCA. This course for students combines self-study and instructor-led tutorials.
The curriculum for this study covers video and YouTube marketing, Google Analytics, and social media advertising. To take this course, you must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Another prerequisite is that you must have fundamental knowledge about a computer system.
This course is a paid one. You will also get a valuable certification at the end of your study. Here are some of the benefits you can reap.
- You have access to the best experts in the eCommerce industry.
- Access to extra courses on Pinterest marketing and cloud analytics.
- You can use it to kick start a new career in the field or gain more knowledge if you are a professional.
#5 The Complete Digital Marketing Course (Powered by Udemy)
Udemy is one of the biggest and most cost-effective learning platforms. There are several content creators that produce their own courses on digital marketing. However, most of these courses might not have the simplicity and structure to help college students to learn.
The Complete course stands out among all the available options. This course costs about $200 to take. You could even purchase it for a lower price if you wait for a discount period.
This online course from Rob Percival and Daragh Walsh covers most of the basic areas of digital marketing. Here are the things that you stand to benefit from.
- Ease of access and flexibility to learn on any kind of device.
- Learn from real-life examples and solve problems.
- Exposure to the basics of the app and social media marketing.
Digital marketing is one of the most valuable industries on the globe at the moment. This career has a sustainable future as it provides a way to meet customers virtually.
Such a course for students can help to boost your creativity and improve your understanding of the internet and the digital world. Take advantage of one of the courses above and prepare to reap the benefits in due time.
Rebecca Robinson has vast experience in digital marketing. Working as Digital Marketing Manager, she prepared for you top 5 courses to attend and get a chance to start your career in Marketing.