Your digital assets pertain to electronically or digitally processed and stored data. Some examples of digital assets include your business software data, digital contracts, electronic or e-signatures, images, videos, and other types of digital files. With today’s tough business competition, you can use your digital assets to strengthen your marketing campaign through data asset management.
How do you manage your digital content? Do you have a workflow to attain your marketing goals? Before learning how to use digital asset management, understanding its definition and benefits pays off.
What Is Digital Asset Management?
Digital Asset Management (DAM) refers to a centralized source or system that allows organizations and companies to store, find, organize, manage, analyze, and distribute digital content. There are many use cases of DAM in a business or organization, such as the following:
- Save time and effort downloading files
- Helps create digital content in one place
- Keep everyone updated
- Secure data asset viewing and processing
- Avoids redundancies
- Easy to share without compromising privacy and security
- Helps maintain branding consistency
- Analyze how digital assets are performing
How To Use Digital Asset Management
So, how can you utilize DAM to improve your marketing? Learn more about how to use this management approach to leverage your sales and marketing efforts.
Eliminate Major Sales and Marketing Roadblocks
What are the major obstacles you experience in sales and marketing? And how do you address them?
In sales and marketing operations, major roadblocks include the creation, collaboration, and sharing of branded collateral approved for use while complying with brand guidelines. With data asset management, you can eliminate all these obstacles because you can do everything using one system.
For instance, you can create content for your next email marketing and store it on a single platform. Your DAM system is a one-stop-shop for everyone to access, process, and monitor data assets, allowing teams to focus on the implementation of marketing campaigns with less stress and hassle downloading files and sourcing digital information everywhere.
Here are the advantages of getting rid of major roadblocks in your sales and marketing with the help of DAM:
- Focus more on your sales and marketing implementation
- Open more doors of opportunities for your marketing
- Get a chance to connect better to more customers
- Improve customer experience
- Improve your marketing team’s morale
Seamless Integration to A Host of Tools and Systems
Are you still using various tools to look for your digital assets? From now on, you can stop this tedious task and be able to find and move digital assets like adding a song to your playlist. DAM software allows tool and system integration, bridging the gap between your creative (content creators) and marketing (implementors) teams.
Why waste your precious time using different platforms to find your digital asset? You don’t need to waste time downloading and uploading creative files in several different places because you can use DAM to integrate and locate everything you need for your sales and marketing campaign.
Here are the good-to-know things about seamless integration using DAM:
- Digital Marketing Implementation: It’s easier and faster to implement social media marketing, content marketing, and other digital marketing strategies with the help of DAM than sourcing data across different channels.
- Centralize Core Processes: If you’re worried about the format, you don’t have to with DAM. DAM integrations centralize marketing core processes. Regardless of the format, type, storage location, delivery method, or medium, DAM enables you to seamlessly work with various digital assets.
- File Sharing and Real-Time Notification: Sharing files involves simple dragging and dropping files to the right folder. In addition, you can opt to receive real-time notifications when an asset gets updated using the integration capabilities of good DAM software.
Obtain Fast Asset Approval
Are you stuck with pending approvals for your digital content? Why waste your time undergoing a lengthy approval process if you can make it a lot shorter?
Teams can easily scale content creation, reviews, and editing with tool and system integrations for faster asset approval. Because native video editors, project management tools, and graphic design tools are integrated with your DAM, assets can be converted fast and easily into editable templates, which can be stored and organized using tags and collections.
You don’t have to wait for that long to get your marketing game going. It’s possible to retrieve files from your digital asset library regardless of the size, advanced search capabilities, using filters, and tags.
Improve Collaboration for Great Marketing Outcomes
How can data asset management system improve your teamwork and collaboration? What are the benefits of a good collaboration?
Once digital assets are uploaded to your DAM system, users can pin annotations, comment, edit, and streamline document approvals using electronic signature. Data asset management promotes a higher degree of collaboration, extending to any media content or digital asset type. Authorized users can log in to the system and access and update assets from anywhere.
Check the following marketing benefits of improved collaboration using DAM:
- Eliminate manual tasks and data asset management confusion
- Faster implementation of your marketing projects
- More time to review progress and monitor marketing key performance indicators or marketing KPI
Implement Marketing Strategies Seamlessly
Now that you have everything you need in one platform, you can carry out your marketing strategies fast and easily. The turnover of one project to the next is more straightforward than ever, avoiding delays and disruptions in implementing your marketing campaigns.
Allow your creative team to write, upload, and publish articles, images, videos, and audio files in one sitting. Next, your marketing team can check real-time updates on the status of the content and implement approved content for distribution across marketing channels for your target audience to see.
All systems are on the go if you have a reliable digital asset management platform. You can integrate your existing tools and systems such as your content management systems, social media networks, and video solutions among others.
With DAM, you can implement your sales and marketing campaigns with convenience and confidence because of accurate and readily accessible data. You can reap the rewarding sales and marketing benefits of DAM once you familiarize yourself with how it works with the help of your data asset management software provider.
About the Author
Martin Brown is a digital marketing and digital asset management specialist. He has been in the industry for over a decade, helping people understand digital technology and apply them to their business through guest posting. Martin is married with three children. He enjoys playing basketball and scuba diving during his leisure time.