Click the button and start listening to this article.
You regularly post on TikTok to grow your brand, but are you growing on the platform?
Is your engagement low and you want to find out a way to boost your reach on TikTok? You’ve googled about how to increase your likes on TikTok but nothing works? Well, as they say ‘the answers that you’re looking for out there are often within’, the same goes for TikTok. There’s no secret formula as such but TikTok offers you an important tool within the app that helps you analyze your audience and grow on the platform. TikTok’s Pro account enables you to use their analytics for your benefit.
Before we begin make sure you’re using a TikTok Pro account. If not then it’s extremely easy to switch to one by clicking on the option ‘Manage my account’ under Privacy and Safety followed by ‘Switch to Pro account’ and lastly by selecting the category and gender. Super Simple!
Now that you’re using a TikTok Pro account let us find out how to use TikTok pro analytics effectively to make the most of it.
Different sections of analytics can be read through to create content that works to your advantage.
Follower-Oriented Analytics on TikTok
This tab gives you an in-depth analysis of the follower’s count in graph format. This graph shows your weekly pattern in the follower count. It’s a good way to keep track of how many followers you’ve gained or lost over the same period. It also includes follower activity, their gender and location demographics along with the videos that your followers watch.
- Sounds your followers listen to
There is a section that shows you the songs that your followers are listening to and you can use the same sound in your content to cater to them. You can keep a check on the hashtags used for the videos that your followers are watching to use them to your advantage and keep them hooked on your profile.
- Follower Activities
It also shows what time your followers are most active on TikTok and this helps you to strategize your post around the same time to maximize your reach.
- Traffic Source
You can use this data to curate your content to revolve around what your followers like as it gives you a detailed insight into their activity. You can boost a certain location based on the data provided to you by creating a few videos that work the most on that particular location. This can help you tap on to locations that are less active on your feed or it can help you to boost your most active areas as well. Combining all the data you can create wonders with your content to boost your engagement and reach.
Content-oriented Analytics on TikTok
Your followers, engagement, and everything else is built once you start creating content. You need to put out videos that are trendy and gain more views.
- Video Views and Trending Videos
This section highlights your top video posts within the last week alongside the trending videos tab to help you gain more knowledge about the videos that are trending from your profile. If you stop posting then this dashboard shall be empty. Hence, it is suggested to keep posting regularly to boost your TikTok profile.
With the top-performing videos, you shall be able to know the kind of content that is working for you and is appealing to your audience. The video views would highlight the number of views from the most viewed at the top. The trending tab on the other hand that gives you an insight into all-time videos that are performing well helps you to understand what has been working for you since you started posting.
- Individual Post
Insight for an individual post can also be accessed by tapping on any particular video under the trending or video posts section. Individual post insights showcase the like count, the number of comments, and the number of shares on that video. It has details about the total number of times your video has been watched in hours and the average seconds your video was played for.
How to Create Content based upon your readings
After going through all your TikTok profile’s analytical data you might have good reading and understanding of what your followers want but how do you achieve the kind of output you desire? Your videos also need to uplift themselves to fit in your new-found readings. You can try these few tips that will help you obtain your targets.
- Lighting- Make sure your videos are well lit, bright, and vibrant. This kind of videos works well on TikTok as one continuously scrolls through an endless feed. Make sure the first three seconds of your video are attractive enough to engage the audience so that they don’t scroll past your video. You need to select your thumbnails carefully in case one lands up on your profile.
- Transitions – Transitions are a major part of micro-content on TikTok since most videos are under 60 seconds you often need to put transitions in between shots to either speed up the sequence and storytelling or for smoothening out the flow. Although TikTok has some native transitions you can use a quality video editor to edit your TikTok videos as you get a better workflow and more flexibility since you can work on your laptop.
- Templates- Often when you have to work within your limitations without having to spend much time and effort on creating videos you can often get caught up in a fix as to what to put up on TikTok for your brand. Although TikTok has its great features with a fast-growing audience it’s still very open to accepting new experimental videos so why not start with using some free TikTok Templates.
- Story- Be it films or micro-content on TikTok people need to flow through the content that they’re experiencing. If you can tell a story in 60 seconds then there’s nothing like it. Use the analytics to make the stories revolve around your audience so that they find it more relatable. Storytelling on TikTok makes your video stand apart from others. Your videos might be a trendsetter if you create videos that suit your brand tonality.
You have the data on your plate, it’s up to you how to churn it into creating magic with your videos. Tools are abundant at your disposal and nothing should stop you from creating wonders on TikTok.
Francis is an SEO Specialist / Digital Content & Media at Clipchamp.com – the online video editor that empowers anyone to tell stories worth sharing through video. Around the world, over 12 million people use Clipchamp to easily edit videos for corporate, educational, and creative projects. You can check out his LinkedIn profile here.
Leave a Reply