Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Adding your profiles to JARVEE
The first thing you need to do after you install JARVEE is to add your social profiles. This will allow you to take advantage of the full functionality JARVEE has to offer. You will be able to create destination lists and create campaigns in order to post on your accounts or set up the different tools that are at your disposal, like Follow, Unfollow, Like and so on.
In order to add your profiles just go to the “Social Profile” tab and click on the “Add Profile” button at the top left corner of the screen. You will then get a popup in order to choose which kind of social profile you want to add.
As you can see, at the moment JARVEE supports the following social platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Tumblr, Quora, Youtube, and Email. Click on any of them and a social profile of that kind will be created.
Let’s click on the “Add Profile” underneath the Facebook logo in order to add a new Facebook account.
You are now on the Settings page for that account where you will need to enter its credentials and some other optional information.
- First of all, add a name for that account so you can easily recognize it afterward.
- Next, you can add a description to it. It is only visible and usable inside JARVEE so you can add more details about your account there, like date of birth, the phone number used for phone verification and so on.
- You can also add a tag for your account, this is useful when you have several accounts of the same type and you want to easily differentiate between them.
- Further down are the proxy settings, they are useful when you add several accounts of the same type and you don’t want to leave footprints.
- And finally, the most important thing on this page you will need to enter the username and password of the account you want to add to JARVEE so it can log in on your behalf and start to do its job.
- Once you add your credentials just click on “Verify Account” and JARVEE will try to login to that account for your and get more details about it depending what type of social account it is. For Facebook, for example, it will go and get your groups and pages so you can use them inside JARVEE.
What you need to know here is that this information (along with everything you do inside JARVEE) is only stored on your computer, we do not have access to it and we will never know what accounts you use or what you do with them.
We never store anything on our servers except your login information to JARVEE itself in order to see you have a valid license. This does have a drawback for you though, you are completely responsible for keeping your data, so make sure you always have a backup copy in case you want to move JARVEE or in case you have a failure to your system.
Getting back to adding your account, if you’d prefer not to add your username and password inside JARVEE, you can also check the “Manual Login” box and you will do the actual login yourself through the embedded browser. It’s like doing it in your regular browser, it will leave a cookie that will allow JARVEE to do actions for you but it won’t be able to re-login if anything happens and it’s logged out of your account.
Notice there’s also a “Show Advanced Profile Settings” checkbox here that will give you access to some advanced settings for your account, we won’t talk about them in this tutorial though.
To add other accounts to JARVEE go through the same steps as above, it’s the exact same process regardless of what type of social profile you want to add. You can add as many accounts as your license permits you to add.
Now you’re ready to start with the good stuff, automating your social media marketing.