Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Posting to your Social Profiles
One of the main features of JARVEE is to schedule your posts in advance on all your social media accounts. This will make sure you always post on time and have a good posting schedule that will keep your followers engaged and wanting more.
In order to make your first post on your social account, you will need to set up a Campaign that will do the posting at your specified times. This setup needs to be done only once, after that you just go into your campaign and continue to add more posts. So let’s get started.
Now we are ready to create our first campaign so let’s go to the “Publishing” tab and click on the ‘Add Publishing Campaign’ button.
On the pop-up, you will be initially presented with two choices: a Standard or a Scheduled campaign. You can also tick the box on ‘Show advanced campaign options’ so that the third campaign option would show, which is the Volume campaign.
Each type has its usage and they are thoroughly explained in the Knowledge Base, we’ll just create a Standard campaign now so click on ‘Add standard campaign’.
Welcome to your first Standard Campaign, give it a name for starters so you can easily recognize it later. Let’s call this My first campaign. You can also add a tag to your campaign.
Now let’s make the presentations really fast so you know how a campaign works and after that, we will set it up. Each campaign has several tabs as you can see, they are as follows:
- Overview – the place where you name your campaign and choose the main setting that will govern all posts made by that campaign
- What to Publish – the place where you add the posts that will be published on your accounts. You can add posts one by one, in bulk via .csv or file imports, via RSS feeds, and by monitoring a folder.
- Where to Publish – this is where you will configure where this campaign will publish the posts.
- When to Publish – this is where you tell JARVEE when to publish the posts on your social accounts. You can set it to publish at exact times each day or just randomize it completely. There are many options here so you can set it up exactly the way you want it.
- Drafts – here is the list where you keep unfinished posts that you want to work on some more.
- Posts List – this is the list of posts pending publishing. JARVEE will take a post from here each time it needs to publish a new one.
- History – this is where published posts appear after JARVEE published them, you will be able to see direct links to the posts and other details in case the post failed.
Now that you’re more familiar with how a campaign looks like let’s continue to publish our first post. Since our campaign already has a name and we don’t need to look at the advanced settings, for now, let’s go to the second tab, “What to Publish” and add our first post.
In the first text box here, let’s write our first post “Hey guys, how is your day today?”.
Let’s also add an image to this post so click on the ‘Photos’ button next to the camera. A window will appear prompting you to upload an image from your computer, you can also drag and drop it here. If you want you can also add multiple images to your post. After you’ve added the photo click on ‘Add photos’.
Once your post is ready click on ‘Add to Post List’. In case your post is not ready and you want to work on it at a later time, you can also click on ‘Add to Drafts’. Let’s just add this one to the post list and go to the post list and see that it is listed here. You can also edit any of your posts in the “Posts List” tab if you want, delete them, publish them immediately, or send them to the drafts list.
Now that we have our first post let’s tell our campaign where to publish it. Go to the “Where to Publish” tab and select either the Destination or Destination List that you would publish to. You can learn more about those two on the Where to Publish tab Knowledge Base article. For now, we will have this posted to 1 account under the Destination sub-tab. We will publish this on an Instagram account’s wall.
The next step is to tell the campaign when to publish, so go to the “When to Publish” tab. Let’s tell it to publish 5 times a day, 5 random timers will be created for you. If you wish you can edit each of the timers and set it to the exact time when you want to publish your posts.
As you can see there are a lot of other advanced options here that will allow you to better target the exact times of the day when you want to post. You can also choose to post or not on certain days of the week by selecting or deselecting the days here. We’ll just make sure one of the timers is close by so it picks up the post that we just created.
Now that our post was posted we should go to the History tab and see what it looks like. As you can notice it was successfully posted at the destination. To view the post, click on ‘Details’, then either click on ‘Browse’ or ‘Browse Embedded’.
Congratulations! You just automatically shared your post on your social account through JARVEE. Now that you have everything set up it will be even easier, you just need to add new posts via the “What to Publish” tab and it will keep posting for you at the specified times.
You just saved yourself several hours of extra work each week and can concentrate from now on only on creating amazing content and not on doing the tedious manual work anymore.