Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
From the Error / Backup tab you can access and change settings related to JARVEE errors and backups to help solve issues that might occur and to protect your data and settings.
Different Options in Error/Backup tab:
- OPEN LOGS FOLDER – click here to open the logs folder where all the actions executed by JARVEE are reported.
- OPEN ERROR IMAGES FOLDER – Whenever an error is encountered while executing an action on a Social Profile, JARVEE automatically takes a screenshot of that error and saves it in the Error Images folder.
💡 Good to know:
✔ When sending the logs, select all files, compress it and send us a copy of the zipped file.
✔ The two options are mainly used under the supervision of the support team. When you send an email to support, they would usually ask for those options to help identify the problem.
- Delete logs and error images after X days – this will delete the contents of the logs and error images folder after a certain number of days.
- Keep a backup for the last X days – JARVEE keeps a backup daily and you can set the number of days you want to keep as a backup. This is used for restoring the application to an earlier state in case something happens
💡 To save on space, you can opt to keep a maximum backup of 4 days or even less
- Backup every X hours – you can set how often JARVEE will create a backup. For instance, if you chose 8 hours, then JARVEE will create a backup automatically every 8 hours.
- Enable verbose logging – checking this will add more details on the logs
- Remove unused files from the Data folder with each backup – this will automatically delete files that are not used from the Data folder.
- Specify Custom Backup Location – you can specify the path where the backup folder will be saved. Underneath, you will see your selected backup location.
- Backup Now button – this will allow you to initiate a backup action. You will see its progress on the Dashboard > Summary tab.
- Restore Application State – click on one of the available restore slots to restore the application to an early state.
📌 When you choose to restore, you will lose all data and settings that were saved after the selected restore date or point, so make sure to use this option only when you have an issue with your data.