Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Getting your account locked is not uncommon in the world of social media especially in Facebook. With all the activities that you’re scheduling on your account, it can’t be helped that there would come a day when you’ll hit a roadblock and be asked to answer some questions to regain access again.
JARVEE’s Backup tool is specific for Facebook and it’s used to backup both the profile image of your account and the images of your friends which you can use to unlock your account whenever it’s needed.
How to access the Backup tool
1. To start using the Backup tool you need to go to the Tools view
2. Then either click the Facebook account where you wish to run the tool on
3. Or click the MORE TOOLS action link and go to the Backup tab.
How to set-up the Backup tool
You can only run the tool on Facebook accounts that show a Valid status in Social Profiles and is not yet locked. Hence, we suggest that as soon as you have added and validated your account in JARVEE, you should consider running the Backup tool while you still can.
The tool has 4 main sections: Run Timers, Backup Settings, Profile Image and the Friends Images table.
Run Timers section:
- Just like all the other tools, you need to set the interval or the time the tool will wait before starting a new operation; the number will be randomly selected between X-Y that you’ve specified in this setting.
- Select the number of friends you want to backup on each operation; the number will be randomly selected between X-Y that you’ve specified in this setting.
- Choose the in-between hours or time of day when the tool will execute actions on your account.
- Pick the days when you want to run the tool on your account. You can opt to rotate the days and exclude weekends in the process.
💡 On rotating days, JARVEE would pick the equivalent number of days you have initially selected; the selection is random and you have the option to exclude weekends in the variation in case you don’t want to do a Backup on Saturdays and Sundays.
Backup Settings section:
5. You can set the tool to refresh X number of friends’ images daily.
Profile Image section:
6. In this section, you will be able to see your profile image and use it when Facebook requires it to unlock your account. By default, the profile image of the account is updated every 3 days but should you want to do it instantly, you can click on the ‘Update Now’ action link.
7. You can choose to ‘Skip Friends Backup’ in case you only want to run the tool on the profile image of the account.
📌 If the option “Skip Friends Backup” is checked, the tool will only backup the profile image and options 1 and 2 from the RUN TIMERS section will be hidden.
Friends Images Table section:
- On top of the table, you will see the total amount of backed up images.
- You can set the tool to show only friends with images;
- Uncheck the option Show the images to hide all your friends’ images till you need to unlock the account then you can check it again;
- Use the Filter to search manually for specific friends;
- EXTRACT NAMES SET will be used to unlock your account (see instructions below);
- Click on EXPORT to export all your friends to a file or click on DELETE ALL to delete all your backed-up friends from the tool;
- Click SHOW IMAGES IN EXTERNAL APPLICATION to open the images of the extracted names set in an external photo application.
How the Backup tool works:
The tool will visit each friend’s profile and take a screenshot of his Photos tab, this way when Facebook locks your account and asks to verify the account via image recognition, you’ll have a snapshot of some images that might come in handy in identifying your friend.
What you need to do:
- To start unlocking your account, open the embedded browser of the account and Facebook will show you images that belong to one of your friends and several names to choose from
- Leave the Embedded Browser open and go back to Jarvee then click on EXTRACT NAMES SET 1, see the images and decide what is the name of the friend that Facebook is showing based on the image
- Go back to the Embedded Browser and select the name of your friend then click next. Do the same for the remaining questions
💡 Usually, Facebook requires to guess 5 out of 7 friends’ names correctly (you can skip 2 friends). Make sure to always click the EXTRACT NAMES SET number that corresponds to the names set Facebook is asking for.