The Linkedin Search and Connect tool enables you to automate sending a connection request to people that match the search performed through keywords. It is quite useful as it makes things easier in terms of growing your Linkedin connections.
LinkedIn allows you to send Connection requests either by:
- Doing a search and sending connection requests from the results directly without visiting the profile which is done using the Search And Connect tool.
- Visiting the profile and then connecting with that user which is done using the Connector tool.
Keep in mind that there is a limitation on the number of profiles you can visit on LinkedIn, so if you are getting closer to those limits, you can use Search and Connect tool because it can send the connection without visiting the profile.
However, if you want the person to see that you visited their profile prior to sending the request, then you should consider using the Linkedin Connector tool instead.
How to access the Search and Connect tool:
To start using the tool, go to Tools page, click on your Linkedin account then the Search and Connect tab.
As you can see, there are 3 tabs available for the Linkedin Search and Connect tool, the Settings, Sources and Results tab.
The Run Timers section:
- The ‘wait between’ time before each new operation; it shows you the number of seconds that the tool will wait before starting a new operation
- The number of connections that will be sent per operation; this number shows you how many connections the tool will process for each operation
- The maximum number of connections to send per day and per hour; JARVEE will choose a random number between X-Y each day and will use that as the maximum number of connections per day and per hour.
- This option allows you to choose hours when the Search and Connect tool will execute its action.
- You can select the days when you want the tool to execute actions. In addition, you have the option to rotate the days.
Tip: When rotating days, JARVEE would pick the equivalent number of days you have initially selected. The selection is random and you have the option to exclude weekends in the variation in case you don’t want to send connection requests on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Settings section:
- This option allows you to cancel requests if users do not accept connection request after X days
- 1 You can use this option to maintain the number of pending requests under Y, note that setting this value to a low number will result in the connections requests being canceled before users get a chance to see them.
- This feature lets you add a custom note to the connection requests inside. Having a note added will result in a higher acceptance rate.
- You can use this option to prevent Contact tool from sending messages to users that were connected with this tool.
- This option allows you to automatically shorten the link inside your Note by using Bitly or Yourls. You can set them up in Settings >> Connectivity and you can use either Yourls or Bitly.
Unlike the Connector tool, the Search and Connect tool, you can only use one type of source when searching for people and that is through keywords.
- To search via keyword, just type in the word you want to use when looking for people you want to connect to.
- After you’ve decided on the keyword as well as the degree of connections where you will extract users from.
- Then click on the ADD INPUT button. The added keyword will be listed on the table below.
- Now, if there is a keyword where you wish to only extract from a specific degree of connection OR in case you missed setting it up initially, you can opt to check or uncheck the connection from here.
- You can select a location from where users will be extracted from.
- Aside from specifying a location, you may also indicate the Company to narrow your search.
All users that received a connection request is recorded on the Results tab. From here, you will see some useful information such as:
- The date and time when the connection request has been sent.
- Name of that user.
- The keyword that was used when extracting the user.
- Status of your connection request.
If you want to have a copy of the people you have sent a connection request to, you can click on Export All. Now, if you want to clear the Results table, you can opt to click Delete All.