When you want to automatically send messages to your Linkedin connections in Jarvee, you utilize the Contact tool. Now, there is another tool you can use for that purpose, the Search and Contact tool.
💡 As you may know, there are two ways you can send a message in Linkedin:
- By visiting the profile and then sending the message to the user (this is how the Contact tool works).
- By doing a search and sending messages without going to the profile (this is how the Search and Contact tool works).
When should I use the Search and Contact tool?
Just like what was mentioned above, either of the tools works for sending messages. However, there is a limitation on the number of profiles you can visit on Linkedin, so if you are getting closer to those limits, you can use the Search and Contact tool because it is sending messages without visiting the profile.
How to use the Search and Contact tool
To start using the tool, just go to TOOLS page > click the LinkedIn account where you want to run the tool on > click Search and Contact from the list of tools from the left menu.
Linkedin Search and contact tool contains 3 tabs: Settings, Sources and Results.
- Status button – where you can stop or start your Search and Contact tool and where you will see the estimation of when the next run should occur
- Wait between X and Y minutes before each operation – where you can control how many minutes will the tool wait before it starts operation
- Contact between X and Y profiles per operation – where you can set up how many profiles will be contacted in one operation
- Contact X and Y per hour and per day – where you can control how many users the tool will contact per hour and per day
- Execute between HH:MM – HH:MM – allows you to set up during which hours the tool will execute its actions
- Days of the week when the tool will operate – allows you to include or to exclude particular days of the week when you want the tool to operate; you can also opt to rotate days
💡 When rotating days, Jarvee would pick the equivalent number of days you have initially selected; the selection is random and you have the option to exclude weekends in the variation in case you don’t want to run the tool on Saturdays and Sundays.
Before you start Search and Contact tool you will need to add some sources to the tool. There are two kind of sources on this tool:
- Keyword Search
- Connection tags
Keyword Search source:
When using the keyword search source you will need to:
1. Add preferred keywords separated with commas to the marked textbox
2. Add message text you want to send to users.
- You can use Spin Syntax to create variations on your message
- Add emoji to add some personal touch
- Use any of the supported tokens and they will be replaced with corresponding user information
3. You can also attach a photo or a video to your message
4. You can set up sending secondary messages after X and Y hours that the primary message has been sent.
- You can choose whether to send only if the user has replied or only if the user has not replied and how many retries will occur exactly.
- There is also an option to Edit Secondary Messages
5. Choose whether you want to extract 1st, 2nd or 3rd Connections along with the option to process only Linkedin Premium Users while extracting
6. After you’ve made all the settings you can press Add Input
Connection Tags source:
When setting up this source you will need to:
- Select the tag (you will see the tag/s that was assigned on the source/s you used from the Connector or Search and Connect tool)
- Add the message text you want to send
- Add photo or video that you want to include in your message
- Select sending secondary messages after X-Y hours after the primary message has been sent
- When all is set, make sure to click the Add Input button
In this tab, you will see the users that received the message using the Search and Contact tool.
There is an option to Delete all results and Export All results as a CSV file from this tab.
Aside from showing the name of the users that received a message, you will find additional information such as:
- The date and time when message has been sent
- Keyword that has been used while extracting users
- Secondary messages column with information about them.
- You can Delete each of recorded entry
- Open the profile link in your default browser or open it in Embedded browser
- Copy the profile link of the person that received a message