Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
How Sending Secondary Messages Work
Direct messaging plays an important role not just in increasing your conversion but as well as promoting and growing your brand. It is your direct line to your follower and potential clients.
Keeping a continuous flow of conversation either when you get a positive reply or when no feedback has been received from your initial message is essential and Jarvee offers the best solution through its Send Secondary Messages feature.
How Secondary Messages Work
You can activate this feature through these three Contact Tool tabs:
- Use Extracted Users tab
- Send Messages To New Followers tab
- Auto Reply To New Messages
Send Secondary Messages Settings
Send secondary messages after XX to YY hours
- Here you can set the time on when you want Jarvee to send the message.
Sub-options or Conditions when sending the Secondary Messages
Condition 1: Send only if the user has replied
- If selected, the secondary message will only be sent if the user has responded to the primary message that Jarvee has sent out.
- The ‘Retry’ option will retry the operation every now and then. It works together with the number of hours that you want it to operate.
- You have specified it to retry 3 times and you set the number of hours to 3-5 hours, then Jarvee will check your Direct Messages every 3-5 hours for 3 times until it sees a new message to reply to. The number of retries will then be reduced after it did not extract any users from that turn.
Condition 2: Send only if the user has not replied
- If selected, the secondary message will be sent only if the user has not replied. It will respect the number of hours that you specified on the option above
Edit Secondary Messages
- Here is where you can edit or add your secondary messages. When clicked, this interface will pop-up:
1. Message Box – this is the area where you will be adding your message. You can use spintax and emojis to your message for variations
2. Tokens – you can opt to use tokens and it will be replaced by the matching user information.
3. Add photos or video – click the corresponding icons if you want to add an image or video to your message
4. Delete Message – you have the option to delete a message that you don’t want to use anymore
5. Add New Message – if you want to send out multiple secondary messages, then you can add more message by clicking this option.
6. Check spin syntax – if you have used spintax on your message, you can quickly check if the syntax is valid by clicking this button
7. Spin Text – when clicked, this will launch the Spin syntax Editor window
8. Add Emoji – click this button if you want to add an emojis to your message to convey emotions, make it more fun and interesting
Enable Reply Based On Trigger Words
While the general settings for sending secondary messages are quite the same for all three, there is a slight difference when setting up the secondary messages that will be sent from Send Messages To New Followers and Auto Reply To New Messages tab (not applicable to Linkedin).
There is an extra option that allows you to control which secondary message would be sent based on a trigger word.
- As seen on the image above, when the message contains the word “interested”, it will send the secondary message specific to that trigger word.
- And if the message contains the word “sorry”, it will reply with the message that is assigned to that trigger word.
- Now, if both words are included on the message, it will consider the first trigger word that appears on the message.