Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Social media platforms have different ways of labeling your relationships with different users, you can be friends, follower or followings. On Linkedin, you can expand your network by establishing a connection with a person.
Having a lot of connections may be good but there may come a time that you’ll change your interests and start finding the posts on your feed no longer relevant.
One way to avoid seeing irrelevant stuff on your feed by sorting out your connections. Of course, you can manually remove the connection but it’s time-consuming. Jarvee can help you with tidying up your connections with ease through its Linkedin Unfriend tool.
💡 Good to know:
- The connections you removed will not appear in your Contacts anymore.
- The person will not be notified when the connection is removed.
- Upon removing the connection or unfriending the user, any recommendations and endorsements between you and the other person will be removed, and will not be restored even if you connect back with them.
How to use the LinkedIn Unfriend tool
To start using the tool, just go to TOOLS page > click the LinkedIn account where you want to run the tool on > click Unfriend
The Unfriend tool contains two different tabs – Settings and Results.
The Settings tab is divided into three sections
- Run Timers
- Unfriend Settings
- Select Friends section
Run Timers section:
- Set the X – Y seconds that the tool will wait before starting a new operation
- Specify the number of people that you want to unfriend/remove the connection from for each operation
- Set the hours when the tool will perform the actions. You can add more intervals and even randomize the timers.
- Choose the days when you want to run the Unfriend tool. You can choose specific days or you can opt to rotate the days.
💡 When rotating days, Jarvee would pick the equivalent number of days you have initially selected; the selection is random and you have the option to exclude weekends in the variation in case you don’t want to run the tool on Saturdays and Sundays.
Unfriend Settings section:
This section is pretty straight forward. As you can see, it is where you can set the maximum number of people you want to unfriend each day or set it to 0 for no limit. You get to see the number of friends the account has and if you feel that it’s not showing the right figure, you can always choose to ‘Update Friends’
Select Friends section:
From this section, you can choose the people you want to unfriend by ticking the conforming checkbox. You can choose to select all or select none to reset the selection.
There are other useful buttons in this section for added convenience including:
- Search with ease by using the Filter option
- Do a Force Friends Update to sync your friends’ list
- Export/Import options
- Narrow the list with Select non-English Names; non-English refers to letters that are not included in the English alphabet
- If you have multiple accounts that have the same friends and want to unfriend them, you can add the same tagname on the concerned accounts and click Select all that are friends of other accounts with the same tag
After you unfriend the person, it will get recorded in the Results tab. This will let you track those you have removed from your connections.
- Date – shows the date and time when the tool executed the unfriend action on that person
- Name – the person you unfriended
- Link – there are multiple options under this column and you can use them to delete that particular result from the list, to open that user’s profile inside Browser or Embedded browser, and to copy that user’s profile’s URL.
- There is also a button for Delete All and Export All that you can use if needed.