The present blog post explains some reasons why email marketing is important. It also points out the benefits, statistics, best email marketing software, and a few other things.
Introduction and Explanation on Email Marketing
Before wondering why email marketing is important? Let’s start with the definition or brief introduction of email marketing. Email marketing is a set of methods that are used to convey information via email. It also assists to deliver a massive amount of emails for diverse groups.
- Email marketing is also a scheme that uses email services to promote a service or product of the firm.
- It involves creating advertisements, improving brands and sales, inquiring for assistance, and a few more.
- They are also in use for organizing and retaining a strong relationship with the consumers.
- Delivering at least a single email to a customer can be referred to as email marketing.
- Email marketing is one of the best prominent communication outlets in the marketing business.
- The clutch report shows that a total of 39% of tiny companies finances in email marketing software.
Is Email Marketing Necessary For Startups?
As of now, we can say that is the era for startup companies. So, it is significant for them to know why email marketing is important. Because email marketing gives the best ROI, and it also has a good email read rate and conversion rate.
A total of 80% of startup companies rely on email marketing for custom retention.
Almost 81% of tiny companies depend on emails as their main customer acquisition platform.
10 Reasons Why Email Marketing Is Important
There are tons of reasons to explain the significance of email marketing software. But below we will be discussing the top 10 main purposes of this software. They are:
#1. Widespread platform
Social media is a big channel with various platforms for interactions and maintaining personal relationships. Still, email is nonetheless. In recent years, many new patterns of communication came to the market. Despite this, email marketing has stayed powerful and is keeping on its growth. It is tough to resist the power of email marketing systems. In 2019, every single day a total of 293.6 billion emails are created for customers. This is not the end yet, there are estimates that this number may reach 347.3 billion daily emails in 2022.
- The Facebook interaction platform has around 1 billion people that use their services.
- Whereas, Twitter has almost close to 255 million users.
- Coming to the email platform, till 2017, a total of 4.9 billion email accounts exist.
- A total of 73% of experts are choosing email marketing as a decent mode of communication.
Every startup company thinks a lot about this aspect. One of the evident benefits of email marketing software is its affordable rate when compared to other marketing lanes. Because it does not require snapshot costs, postage costs. It also does need any expense in exchange for promotions on various platforms. Such as television, websites, specific billboards, magazines, and a few more. The email marketers use this money on purchasing software for acquiring tracking, examining, and automation tools. Email marketing authorizes company holders to gain a huge amount of customers at a price of almost zero per message.
#3. Personalized emails
The posts in almost every social media network address the customers as a whole. It also gives reports to a large volume of users. Without looking after their area, involvement, or investments. Whereas, email marketing permits employees to identify people separately. It also uses strong subject and segmentation tools to provide good information to the right person. They also send specific topics only for particular customers in their private inbox. It also stores the personal data of the buyers like gender, mobile number, region, interests, and a few more.
- A total of 58% of overall income is coming from the segment and target emails.
- The emails that contain the receiver’s name along with the subject have 26% more open rates.
- The marketers that are using segment campaigns, saw a 760% boost in earnings.
- Almost 74% of marketing leaders are telling that personalized emails are improving customer engagement.
The email platform with the help of various automation methods creates many useful things. For example, greeting emails, alert emails, follow-up emails, notification emails, and a few more. The integration of software into marketing topics is email marketing automation. These methods are in use for delivering the right emails at certain times. In other words, email marketing automation is about connecting with the clients at a good time with the true message. Email marketing automation is very important for startup businesses. Because they prepare private transactions, increase earnings, and deal with leads using drip emails.
- Reports show that around 51% of total companies are using automation solutions.
- Whereas, a total of 58% of B2B businesses have plans for purchasing automation systems.
#5. Open and clear platform
Almost every social media platform is controlled by other third parties. However, it is not the same with email because no particular party has the right to control the email platform. This is a usable information transferring platform that delivers and receives emails. It is helpful to use your time and stamina for creating an email subscriber list. Instead of wasting on social media stations for paid publicity. Because those platforms regulate the content in the feed section for the customer.
#6. More customer acquisition
Social media is a crucial element in almost every marketing business program. Social media platforms are effective but in a few aspects, email marketing is more effective. For example, let’s take customer acquisition. In acquiring customers, email marketing software has the upper hand. Coming to converting visitors into consumers or followers, then nothing can beat email marketing software.
- In 2013, Custora’s study revealed that customer acquisition using email marketing has increased by 4 times.
- A survey in 2016 by emarketer in March reveals that 81% and 80% of members say that email marketing gives more customer acquisition and customer retention.
#7. Delivering the message
Email marketing is one of the only platforms where customers wait for receiving emails. The bulk of companies that use email services only deliver emails to registered clients. This gives a high conversion rate for the firm. Because it is only targeting those that show interest in their company.
- Out of 100%, the customers open 90% of the emails in their inbox.
- Whereas, just 2% out of 100% of Facebook posts are noticed by the consumers.
#8. Multiple device entries
This is one of the best aspects of email marketing. Anyone can create an email account across various gadgets like laptops, desktops, mobile phones, tablets, and more. It is not easy for everyone to carry big devices like a laptop while traveling.
- The Convince & Convert survey of 2018 reveals that 35% of specialists are using email on a mobile device.
- Research from Exacttarget in 2014, shows that 91% of people use mobile phones to check their emails.
#9. The email has a high ROI rate
For the last 10 years in a row, email marketing is giving a great ROI rate for the associations. ROI in common phrases is Return on Investment. This is an estimation made between the percentage of revenue and the money spent by the company. ROI is one of the famous marketing terms that are in use for identifying economic ability. A big ROI rate means big incomes for the business.
- The average ROI by using email marketing for 1 dollar is 42 dollars.
#10. Email is simple
Email is easy to start, share, and measure. Everything about the email platform is simple and also cost-effective. The drag and drop builder options create easy and quick campaigns. Every email marketing system permits tracking conversion rates, open rates, click-through rates, and more. Sharing emails is just like a piece of cake. In addition to its many advantages, you can use a shared inbox for startups that simplifies communication and collaboration.
The companies can send or share bulk emails with a single click option. Almost every email marketing software gives an A/B email split test tool. This test helps in revealing a ton of data about the subscribers or customers.
In conclusion, email marketing for sure provides many advantages to fresh startup companies. The importance of email marketing is vast because they are not only cost-effective but also very profitable. If you are not using email marketing solutions, then you are missing a ton of benefits of the email platform. Choose the best email marketing software from above for your startup company.
Sara Williams is a Content Writer at PeppyBiz. She is not only a creative writer but also paints a beautiful canvas. She makes sure that you are left with no doubt about keeping up with marketing and sales.