More than 90% of businesses use social media today. And there is no surprise in this high figure given that even dogs and cats already have their profiles. But when it comes to promoting a travel company, social media opens up a lot of winning opportunities, especially those of visual nature. How to come up with a social media marketing strategy for your travel business? Find out more about this below.
Why Should You Use Social Media As A Tool To Promote A Travel Business?
Surely, you have a clear portrait of your target audience. Most likely, your potential clients are interested in tourism, learning new, interesting, and beautiful things. They are often very sociable people, emotional, interesting, and charismatic. Such people talk about their travels at every meeting with friends. Why do you think it is so?
This is due to the high need for socialization. Such people desperately need communication with others. Even hardened introverts who run away from communication need variety from time to time, using traveling as the opportunity to change the scenery. They, in turn, are more likely to write about their tips – and you guessed it right, both of the groups will use social media to share their impressions.
However, traveling as a lifestyle isn’t accessible to everyone. Therefore, they use social networks to somehow satisfy all their needs for socialization and contemplation of the new and beautiful.
Here is where you come in with your company’s social media profile. Here is where your social media profile can be a trigger that will make a potential customer notice your company and choose the appropriate tour.
Facebook is a treasure trove of paying customers, Instagram is an opportunity to lure consumers with bright photos, and YouTube provides an opportunity to showcase something unique and stand out from your competitors. So how to promote your travel business on social media? Below are some effective tips that will help you create a marketing strategy.
Top Tips to Create A Powerful SMM Strategy
How to start promoting your travel business on social media? As you understand, the first thing you need to do is define your target audience and, of course, create profiles on popular platforms. Next, proceed with the following tips.
1. Prepare a Content Strategy
Well-designed content that will meet the interests of the target audience and that helps to solve problems is the main pillar of social media marketing. Your strategy, in turn, should indicate what is planned to be published, how often, in what form and style, meeting the core requirement above. Below are some winning social media content ideas for a traveling business:
- Entertainment content: attracts the most interest from subscribers. In the context of a travel company, you can share some humorous tips, tell real-life stories, and come up with thematic gifs or memes.
- Educational materials in the field of the company’s activities: such content solves the problems of consumers, expands their concepts, and brings some practical knowledge. Within the framework of a travel company, these can be life hacks that should be used in a certain country, and so on.
- Commercial content: direct advertising of goods and services. Here, the links to the official website and other contact information are appropriate. At the same time, such publications should not be annoying. Otherwise, there is a risk of losing subscribers. Moreover, this type of content is the most common mistake among those who are promoting in social networks. However, you still have to share the best offers two-three times a week.
- User-generated content: These are video reviews, comments, or photos of your customers. It is one of the most powerful types of content in the travel business promotion, so make sure to encourage your travelers to create it, share, and tag your profile.
- Interactive materials: These are polls, surveys, and opinions research to create a discussion with the customers.
- Company News: This means information about the company’s activities, interesting stories, and so on. This type of content serves as a tool that builds brand awareness.
All of these types of content have a place in your company’s promotion strategy. At the same time, it is worth alternating all types of content to keep users interested in following your profile and discovering your offers.
2. Describe the Visual Style
Social media for travel promotion requires building a positive and holistic impression among your followers. That’s why your social media profiles must be designed in a single corporate style, and this applies to all platforms that you choose to promote your business. Following a brand style across all marketing channels you use allows for building brand recognition, in addition to the awareness that you build with the content.
As one more tip, test different visuals on Instagram to understand what your users like best. Perhaps they want not just a pretty picture, but a real one! If you also actively travel, then create photo and video content to surprise your customers and better showcase to them what they are going to buy. Real photos and videos always attract more attention than “awesome postcards”.
3. Plan for Using Different Types of Advertising
One of the best things about social media marketing is that you can personalize and customize your advertising campaigns, plus launch them on a budget. Targeted social media ads allow you to customize the audience for which your ads will appear. For example, you can use such filters as gender, age, specific interests, and activities. You can also target your campaigns on your existing customer base, offer them a discount or any other perk and encourage them to book a tour again.
As one more advertising option, you can use influencer marketing to promote your company. Of course, such a tactic will be much more effective when an influencer actually uses your service. But given the high cost of the niche, you can offer a discount or, for example, cooperation based on affiliate marketing. That is, you can offer the influencer a certain reward for each tour sold through their link.
Social media is a great chance to attract more travelers and stay in touch with your loyal customers as well. Use these easy tips that will help you to develop your strategy for a company from the travel industry, and you will soon notice that even during the pandemic, people can and want to travel.
About the Author
Isabelle Jordan is a business and marketing journalist at Ekta Traveling insurance company. She writes for different news portals and thematic blogs that help her stay at the heart of the travel and insurance news. Such work gives her the opportunity to write articles on the most relevant topics of today.
I just love your information it helps me so much keep going like this and upload more informational blogs like this.