The Finder tool is available for some social networks namely, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Plus.
It can be used to:
- Find and extract niche related Groups and send them to JARVEE’s Group Joiner tool so you can join them on auto so you can publish your posts there in the future.
- Find and extract niche related Pages (Facebook only) and send them to JARVEE’s Comment&Like tool, Contact tool or you can automatically add them as Other Pages for your Facebook profile.
The Group Finder Tool
JARVEE’s Group finder tool for Facebook accounts is a bit advanced compared to the Group Finder tool for LinkedIn and Google Plus accounts since it has some additional options but other than that, they generally work the same way.
How to use the Group Finder
There are three ways to find groups: Extract From Keywords, Extract From Local Groups and Extract From URLs
Extract From Keywords
- The first thing you need to do when searching for groups based on keywords, is to add the keywords in the allocated box for ‘Extract Groups that contain the following keywords“. You can search for one keyword at a time or add multiple keywords, just make sure that each keyword is separated by a comma, else it will not work properly.
- If you want to exclude groups with specific keywords in name, simply add those keywords in the designated box for ‘Exclude Groups that contain the follow keywords’.
- After adding the keywords, scroll down to Group Filters section and set up filters.
Tips: By setting up filters prior to starting the Finder tool, will enable you to control what groups will be extracted which results to better selection afterwards
- You can choose minimum and maximum number of members the groups you are searching for should have (to ignore it, set 0 in both fields)
- Set how many groups to extract for each keyword
- Instruct JARVEE to ignore groups that you already joined or sent to Joiner/Unjoiner before
- Choose to get only open groups
- You can select to clear results for each new search as well as skip groups with non-English characters in name (for Facebook only).
- You can also set tags for extracted groups so you can easily manage them later and set the tags to easily identify target accounts when sending groups to the Joiner tool.
- Once you’re satisfied with your filter, click on the EXTRACT GROUPS button and JARVEE will start searching for groups and add them in the results list at the bottom of the Group finder tab.
Extract From Local Groups
This type of extraction will allow you to extract groups relevant to your Facebook location. You can choose to extract only Local Sales Groups or Local Groups (general groups).
Extract From URLs
Here, you can extract groups joined by one of your friends or other Facebook users (only if their groups are publicly visible) or you can extract groups who are joined by users who liked one of the specific pages. Basically, any Facebook URL that shows you a list of groups when you visit it in a browser will work.
When you are done extracting, the resulting groups will be listed on the table at the bottom of the page where you can see the name of the group, number of members of a particular group and corresponding group link.
Note: There are 4 action links next to each group on the list:
- Delete – deletes the group from the list
- Browse – opens the group in an external browser
- Browse Embedded – opens the group in an embedded browser used by that Facebook account where you are running the Finder tool on
- Copy – Copies the group’s URL so you can easily paste it whenever you need.
How to send resulting groups to Joiner tool
- To send them to the Joiner, tick the checkbox located at the left side of the name of the group you wish to join. You can select them one by one
- Or select all groups by clicking on the SELECT ALL link
- After you have selected your preferred groups, click on EXECUTE ACTIONS ON SELECTED GROUPS drop down menu and choose SEND SELECTED TO JOINER. All selected Groups will be sent to the Joiner tool and you can start joining them via JARVEE’s Joiner tool.
Note: To send groups to the Ignore tab, simply click on SEND SELECTED TO IGNORE from the drop down menu.
- For advanced selection and filtering, click on ADVANCED SELECTION button and it will launch a smaller window where you will be able to filter them by name, number of users and so on.
- There are a few other option such as:
– Select All – selects all groups
– Select None – deselects all groups
– Import Groups – Imports groups from your .csv files
– Remove selected – removes selected groups from the list
– Export Groups – exports groups in .csv format
– Remove Groups Joined by Other Accounts – removes all groups that have been joined by other accounts in Social Profiles
The Page Finder Tool
The Page finder tool is specific to Facebook. You can use it to search for niche related pages and send them to Comment&Like or to Contact tool, or add them as Other pages for your profile.
How to use the Page Finder
- First, add the keywords that JARVEE will use to search for pages in the ‘Extract the pages that contain the following keywords’ box.
- In case you want to skip pages with specific keywords, add those keywords in the ‘Exclude Pages that contain the following keywords’ box.
Tip: If you want to add multiple keywords, simply separate each with a coma, otherwise they will be considered as one word only.
- You can choose the minimum and maximum number of likes for the pages that you want to extract. To ignore the number of likes, set these values to 0.
- Set how many pages you want to extract for each keyword
- To extract only verified pages (with blue verified badge), check ‘Extract only verified pages’ box.
- After setting up your keywords and filters, start the tool by toggling the switch to ON and JARVEE will start extracting pages and add them to the results table at the bottom.
Similar to the Group finder tab, you’ll also see 4 action links next to each Page on the results table in the Page Finder tab:
- Delete – deletes the page from the list
- Browse – opens the page in an external browser
- Browse Embedded – opens the page in the embedded browser for that Facebook account
- Copy – Copy the page’s URL to easily paste it wherever you need.
- Above the results tab, you will find several options that you can use to execute actions on the extracted pages. You can select all pages, select none, remove selected pages from the list, export them or import pages from .csv files and add them as other pages for your Facebook profile.
Tips: The options you will use most often are:
- Send selected to Facebook Comment&Like tool so you can easily like and comment on posts published by those pages
- Send selected to Contact members – in case you want to send messages to pages
- Split selected between same tag accounts – example: if you have 5 Facebook profiles using the same tag and you extracted 50 pages, after clicking this button JARVEE will split the pages and send 10 pages to the Finder tool of each of the 5 profiles.
- Send selected to same tag accounts button will simply send all extracted pages to the Finder tool of all other Facebook accounts using the same tag.