Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
As you know, keeping in touch with your audience is a smart way of growing your account. But you need to be careful not to abuse this feature to spam others, it can definitely hurt your account. And while there is an automatic way of sending a message via Contact tool, it would also be nice to supplement it sometimes with some unscheduled actions and drop short missives from time to time for that personal touch.
Jarvee’s Instagram Direct Message tool works similarly the same way as when you manually send and reply to messages through the app on your phone but with more features. It is quite easy to use and no timers to set up and so on.
From Tools, click the account or MORE TOOLS then go to the Direct Messages tab. It is just a one-page tool, so as you may see, it’s very easy to use, with no other tabs but a couple of very handy action links.
Sending A Message
There are three ways of sending a message using the Direct Messages Tool
1. You can use the “Search Users” drop-down menu to look for users you want to send a message, tick the checkbox beside the username then click Start Thread action link to start creating a message for someone.
2. If you want to reply to someone or just initiate a conversation on a previous message thread, just click on the message from the message inbox and start writing your message in the message text box.
3. You can also start a group chat and you have two ways to do it:
- By selecting the users you want to send a message to via the “Search Users” drop-down menu, then add the users you want to include in the group message by clicking “Create Group”. There will be a pop-up that would allow you to enter a group name, then you can message everyone in the group after.
- By selecting the users you want to send a message to via the “Search Users” drop-down menu, then add the users you want to include in the group message by double-clicking “Start Thread”.
💡 After that, the group name will be by default the names of all the group members. If you wish to personalize the group name, you can click on “Rename Group”.
💡 Things to remember:
- Sending a message using Direct Messages is similar to how you do it via messenger, you type your message and hit send.
- If you want to send an image or a video, just click the camera or video icon and upload the file, no need to hit send, it will do it automatically as soon as you click the OPEN button from the explorer window after you’ve selected the image/video
- Also notice that there is two ‘Load More’ and ‘Load All/Load All Conversation’ options on both sides of the tool. The left options will load more of all of the messages available, while the right options will load more or all parts of the conversation thread.
Note: Most of the action links are self-explanatory so we will just mention some that might be unfamiliar.
- Extract Usernames – this will extract all the usernames of those who sent and received a message to/from the account
- Extract Usernames to Extracted Users – this will extract the usernames of those who send and received a message to/from the account then add them to the Contact Extracted Users tab
- Delete and Block – enables you to delete the message and block the sender
- Extract Email Addresses – this will extract email addresses that Jarvee can find on the messages received not the email address of the sender
- Next Account With Unread Messages – if you have other Instagram accounts in your Jarvee, you can click this to move to the other account that has unread messages