Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Interacting with users who commented on your posts is a good strategy for increasing engagement on your account. And since it is recommended to do all actions on your Instagram account via Jarvee, you can use the Manage Comments tool to execute the action.
With this tool, you can do actions on your posts like reply to comments, like or unlike comments, delete comments, and other actions which you may have been doing manually through the Instagram app on your device.
The tool is quite easy to use and includes filter features to manage your comments. In addition to that, there is an option to update your post caption using this tool.
How to access the Manage Comments tool?
To start using the Manage Comments tool on your Instagram account, navigate to Tools page, click More Tools and go to Manage Comments tab.
How to use the Manage Comments tool?
At first sight, you might get overwhelmed with the available options, hence, for the purpose of this guide, we will divide the tool into five sections:
- Actions on posts
- Filter and Post Caption section
- Your Posts section
- Comments section
- Comment Text box
1. Actions on Posts
On this section you will see the following action buttons:
- MARK ALL READ – if you want to mark all unread comments on the posts as read, use this button
- LOAD ALL COMMENTS – click on this button to load all comments of the selected post on the left.
- MENTION ALL USERS – click this if you want to mention all users in your comment. It will add @user1, @user2 etc. in your comment message. You will need to click ‘Send Comment’ button to send the message. Note that you cannot mention more than 10 users in a comment.
- DISABLE COMMENTS – if you want to disable the comments section on your posts, you need to select the post on the left, and click DISABLE COMMENTS. It will disable comments on the selected posts. You will see the text “Commenting turned off” after you clicked on DISABLE COMMENTS.
- ENABLE COMMENTS – select the posts with disabled comments section, and click ENABLE COMMENTS if you want to re-enable it.
- NEXT ACCOUNT WITH UNREAD COMMENTS – click on this option if you want to go to the next account with unread comments.
2. Filters and Post Caption Section
If you have a lot of posts on your Instagram profile, you may use any of these filters to show only certain posts:
- Show only favorite message – check the corresponding box next to it if you want to see only posts that are marked as favorite.
- Show only unread messages – if you have this option checked, only posts which have unread comments will be shown on the left.
- Hide posts without comments – tick the box if you want to hide posts that don’t have any comments
Example: The two highlighted posts on the left don’t have any comments. You can hide those posts from the Posts section by checking the option “hide posts without comments”.
- Open in external browser – when you have this option checked, when you double click on one of your posts on the left, the post will be opened on your external browser.
If you want to edit your post caption, you can click the post on the left, then edit the existing caption, and click on the Update caption button.
You will then see the following message if the caption has been updated successfully:
Your Posts section
You can find all your posts in this section and do the following actions:
- Select your post by checking the checkbox
- Mark your post as favorite by clicking the Star icon.
- Once you mark the post as favorite, you will see the “Add Notes” box, you can some details there to help you remember why you marked the post
- Click on the post to view the comments published on that post
The comments published on the selected post on the posts section will be displayed here.
Comments section – Action buttons
On each comment, you will see several action buttons (from left to right) including:
- Reply to the Comment
- Like or Unlike the comment
- Delete the comment
- Block the user who left the comment
- Report the comment as spam
Comments Text box
Add your comment text in the provided box. To publish your comment you can either press the Enter button or click on the Send Comment button.
If you want to add a new line in your comment, you need to press Shift+Enter button on your keyboard.