Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
How to publish a post to your blogs via Jarvee
Some of you might have several blogs and web 2.0 properties that take time to update and for which there usually are no scheduling options. In Jarvee there is a Social Profile where you can add an Email profile, then add your post through email addresses, and schedule updates for all your blogs and web2.0s.
For those of you who don’t have these blogs, now is the right time to build one. And while you’re at it, be sure to take advantage by creating a couple of web 2.0 and blog sites, use it to link back to your main site and boost it in the search engine.
Where to start your blog?
Like every journey, you need to start from somewhere and below you will find a list of good places to begin with.
- Any blog that you have that is on the WordPress platform
- free blogs at https://wordpress.com/
- free blogs at https://www.blogger.com – owned by Google, definitely a good idea to have at least a blog here to promote your links
- https://www.typepad.com – this is a paid blog platform, however, you can create a 14 days free account and downgrade to the free tier – you’ll be left with a lifetime free blog, it has some design limitations but you can post via email easily
- http://edublogs.org/ – relies on the WordPress platform
! There are literally hundreds of blogs on the WordPress platform that also accept posting via email.
! Aside from posting to blogs, you can also post to other places using the Email profile such as
- you can post to Facebook groups if you know the secret email of the group
- post images to Flickr
- you might be able to post short videos to YouTube as well
As you can see this new features opens up a lot of new opportunities for everybody to schedule posts and have a lot more free time on their hands.
Email account’s functions and how it works:
- The title of the email will become the title of your posts.
- You won’t be able to add images within the text, you can attach images to your post and they will be either posted at the beginning of the post or at the end, depending on how each blog platform operates.
- You cannot do any advanced formatting on the text, for now, only plaintext is supported, you can enter a link it will be transformed into a clickable link. However, there are no anchor texts for the link. This is a limitation from us and we’re working on a way to make advanced formatting available as soon as we can.
Email account’s limitations:
All these platforms mentioned allow posting via email, and you can build a nice private blog network for yourself but you need to be mindful of the following:
- Don’t abuse it and spam it like crazy, they do have spam control and your blogs will get deleted.
- Keep it low and under the radar and you’ll have great auto-updated blogs for a long time.
How to add an Email profile in Jarvee?
First of all, you need to go to Social Profiles > click on “Add profile” and choose the Email platform:
You will use this Email profile to send the actual emails to all the platforms that accept posting via email. This email can be any email that you own and can post via SMTP, default is Gmail, however, you can use others like you cPanel email or anything else. It looks like this:
As you can see, you need to enter the following information:
- a name for your email for easier usage
- description for the email (optional)
- tag – this is optional but it would be good to add one especially if you have several email profiles to help identify one from the other
- email username
- email used as “From” – this is optional; you can leave it empty
- name that will be used as “From” – while it’s optional, it’s a good idea to add a name here
- email password
- SMTP server and port – leave the default if you are using Gmail or you can change with your own if using different service
Once everything is set up, simply click on the Verify Account button. If all goes well, it would show a VALID status just like the status on the image above.
Things to know when using Gmail:
- It is highly recommended to have a separate Gmail account and not your own for this task
- They will require you to verify that you want another app (in this case Jarvee) to send emails for you. Check your Gmail inbox and follow the steps provided to allow Jarvee to send emails for you.
- In case you’re using ‘2 step verification’ for your account, click the provided link in Jarvee to enable it to post for you.
How to use Email profile to post?
If you’ve done everything correctly up to this point you should have a new Email social account with a VALID status. And from here almost everything is the same as with any other platform.
You will need to click the Pages tab at the top of this Email social profile and add the email addresses where this profile will send the posts. The added emails will be listed as pages from now on. Here’s an example:
To use these emails to post on their respective blogs, you will first need to create a Destination List with the blogs you want to post to. Again, you will find all the emails you’ve added under the Pages/Boards column.
When you have your destination list ready, just go to the Campaigns tab, create a campaign and start scheduling posts. As mentioned, it all works exactly the same way when posting to other social platforms.
You can attach images to your posts, but we recommend that you do 1-2 tests for each blog to see how they process the images and where they put them (at the top of the post, at the end and so on).