Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
As you may know, Jarvee is not cloud-based, hence it relies on the connection of the computer where it’s installed. That said, the computer needs to up and running at all times which is not convenient for most.
The solution to this is to install Jarvee on a VPS, this way it will continue running even when your computer is off. You can connect to your VPS from any computer or selected iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
How to connect to your VPS using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch?
- First thing you will need to do is to download VNC viewer – Remote Desktop app on your iOS device and install it.
- After you’ve opened it, you will need to add new Connection by clicking on “+” sign in the upper right corner of the app.
- Next, you need to add your VPS credentials: VPS IP address and your Name. Once you have supplied the required information, press the Connect or Save button at the upper right corner of the app.
- After the connection is saved, you can launch the connection and it will go to the Authentication screen where you will be prompted to input your VPS Password and press Done at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Just wait until the connection is established and the screen is done loading.
- Finally, when all is good, you should be able to access your Jarvee and check whatever you need to.
Good to know:
When you open your VNS app, you will be able to see all your connections as soon as it starts. You will also be able to add new preferred connection by pressing “+” and following again all the steps from above.
Also, if you’ve set up your Save Password option to ON, you will be able to quickly access your VPS by clicking the Connection name.