Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Instagram API Limits and Delays
Instagram’s API Limits and Delay options are crucial for maintaining account security and avoiding blocks or verification requests. Users can effectively manage their accounts and avoid going over certain thresholds by switching on specific options. They can also improve the stability and security of their Instagram accounts with these settings.
These are also one of the most common resolutions provided by our the JARVEE support team whenever you have issues with your Instagram accounts getting blocks or verification requests. You can find these settings under the account’s Advanced Profile Settings.
For Global settings, there is an option for API Limits under Settings > Social Platforms > Instagram > Delays tab.
Utilizing the Limits and Delays
- Delay all tools after an account is verified – If you do not want the tools to begin performing actions as soon as the account logs in, this option can be useful. When you verify your account, it will be in the DELAYED status for the x and y minutes duration you’ve specified. It won’t change to VALID until the duration has passed.
- Delay account when Instagram logs you out from your current session – Occasionally, IG will log you out. The account will then have a DELAYED status for the specified x and y minutes. After the delay, your account will automatically log you in.
- Delay all tools when API errors exceed a given value – Use this option to set x and y API errors per hour and day, respectively, to put the accounts on a DELAYED status. The delay will act as a rest period to prevent the account from making too many API errors in a short period of time.
- Delay all tools when API calls exceed a given value – Use this option to set the accounts’ status to DELAYED once they reach a certain number of API calls per hour and day, respectively. The delay will act as a rest period to prevent the account from making too many API calls in a given period of time.
- Delay all tools when getting please wait a few minutes – If any API call returns with the “please wait a few minutes” error, this will set the account’s status to DELAYED for x and y minutes.
- Enable delay on second error – It will wait for the second consecutive “please wait a few minutes” error before delaying at the first occasion.
- Enable API limits – If the accounts make too many API calls in a given period of time, this option will make them wait a while.
💡 The starting values shown in the image above are what we advise our clients to use. The values in this setting, like any other setting, might be appropriate for some accounts but not for others because of how different accounts operate. Having said that, feel free to change the values to determine which ones will have the best effects on your accounts.
💡 These options are applicable for main and scraper Instagram accounts.
💡 Options 3, 4, and 6 are what we typically advise clients to use when they receive verification requests or blocks because this is where the API calls and errors are being tracked.
💡 As mentioned earlier, once the accounts fulfill the requirements of options 1 through 5, they will receive a DELAYED status in Social Profiles. They cannot perform actions while they are in a Delayed status, and you must wait for them to become VALID once more before you can mark them as such.