Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Instagram – Automatic Email Verification
Instagram, like any other social media platform, requires an extra level of security to make sure that the community remains organic. As much as possible, they want to maintain that personal interaction within its members. As a result, they may require the user to either email or phone verify the account from time to time.
Perhaps, the first time you added your account to Jarvee, you received an Email Confirmation status, and sometimes it can switch from Valid to said status several times. The change in location of the IP address/proxy or multiple logins using one account or even by using a newly installed computer and browser can trigger this security feature.
Email verifying the account is a simple process, however, if you are managing multiple accounts, it’s a dreary task. There is no telling when the Email Validation might occur, therefore you can set Jarvee to automatically email verify the accounts when needed.
Jarvee Automatic Email Verification
Setting up the Email Validation tab
1. The first step that you need to do is set up the Email Validation tab of the account. You can find this tab in Social Profiles > click the name of the account > navigate to Email Validation tab.
2. Next, you need to input the required information
- Email/Username – email address used on the account
- Password – password of the email account
- IMAP/POP3 server – you can leave this blank for gmail, yahoo, rediffmail and mail.ru
- Port – default is 993
If you are using a different email provider other than those mentioned above, you need to search the web for the correct IMAP/POP3 server for it to work.
3. After you have added the required information, you can click on the ‘Test IMAP/POP3 server to see if it’s Valid or not. If it’s not Valid then it’s either you provided the wrong information OR there are extra steps required**.
**Extra steps that might be needed for validation:
For Gmail Accounts:
- if 2-Step Verification is Off – Enable less secure apps for IMAP to work – To do so, please visit this link: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
- if 2-Step Verification is On – Add an app password and use that as IMAP password – To do so, please visit this link:https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
For Yahoo Accounts:
– Enable less secure apps for IMAP to work – To do so, please visit this link: https://login.yahoo.com/account/security
For Rediffmail Accounts:
– POP3 will be used as they do not support IMAP. Specify just email and password.
For icloud Accounts:
– Generate an app-specific password for IMAP – To do so, please visit this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304
Automating Email Verification Process
4. Please go to Settings > Social Platforms > Instagram tab and check the option ‘Do not use embedded browser to login on Instagram’
5. Check the option ‘Automatically verify account when needed’, then you can just configure the other settings to your preference.