The Scrape Tools is one of the most valuable features that you can use in growing your Instagram accounts. You can make use of this handy tool to extract information such as likers/commenters from post URLs, followers/followings of a username.
While the tool may be a tad similar to Contact tool in the sense that it extracts user, it is more data friendly because it is able to extract more useful information which can help you grow your account. You can target better sources for the tools that you’ll be running and maximize actions.
To access the Scrape Tools, go to Social Profiles > click the name of the account > go to Scrape Tools tab.
Since it does not have different tabs like a regular tool, let us divide the Scrape Tools into 4 sections for the purpose of this tutorial.
- Setting up the Scrape Tools
- Extracting likers, commenters, followers, followings and posts
- Extracting User Information
- More Useful Actions From Scrape Tools
Setting up the Scrape Tools
As mentioned, there are no tabs, so there is no Settings and Sources tab that will let you control the behavior of the tool. However, there are some options you can tweak with regard to the extracted information.
1. Save File on Disk instead of showing the excel file – when you enable this option, the extracted file will be saved to your disk.
✅ To see and open the extracted file, you need to click the “OPEN EXPORT FOLDER” and it will point you to where the generated file is stored.
✅ If you don’t set it to automatically save the file on disk, then you will be asked where you want to save the file each time it is finished extracting.
2. Continue Scraping users after restart from where it left of – you can check this option to make sure that the scraping will not start from scratch on the event that an update rolled out in the middle of extraction or when you forgot about the extraction in progress and accidentally restarted Jarvee.
✅ You can click on Stop Scraping button if the scraping gets stuck. The current scrape results will be saved.
3. Scrape Additional user details – when you do an extraction, the resulting file will have limited information such as user id, username, if the account is private or public and if the account has profile image or none. Now, if you need more information including followers, followings, no of posts, bio, then you need to check the option ‘Scrape additional user details’ prior to extraction.
✅ You may filter the extracted results based on the options as seen below. Again, you need to select your preference before you start scraping.
- Filter by gender
- Exclude private users
- Exclude users with names with non-English Characters – If the user’s details contain non-English characters, they will not be included in the scraping.
- Exclude users from specific countries/cities – You can check this option if you want to exclude users that have specific countries/cities on their biography, city name, address or business country columns.
- Filter by number of followers – Here you can specify x and y amount of followers to scrape.
- Also extract user engagement, average likes, average comments and most recent post date – If you also want to know additional criteria and stats of each account, you can use this option.
- Also extract public email, phone and address – Check this option if you want to extract these additional details, these details will only be extracted if they are written in public on each user profile.
- Scrape additional business details – Here you can extract additional business details.
📌 Please note that scraping additional information takes time, therefore the extraction will take longer to finish depending on the number of Valid Instagram accounts you have in Social Profiles.
You indicate how many accounts will scrape in parallel, this will make scraping faster. The number of accounts to be used will depend on the numbers you set.
4. Add intermediary delays when scraping – Here you can specify an x and y amount of seconds to delay the scraping. This option is useful to avoid blocks but it will take a longer time to finish scraping (slower).
5. Extract max X users– this is where you can specify the number of users you want to extract per operation. But remember that the number of Valid Instagram accounts you have has an impact on the maximum number of users you can extract as well as how fast it will do the extraction.
Extracting likers, commenters, followers, followings and posts
6. Extract Comments from URL– to extract comments to URL, all you need to do is add the post URL and click EXTRACT COMMENTS
7. Extract Likes from URL– similar to the option above, this will extract likers from the specified post URL.
8. Extract Followers of Usernames– add the username in the designated box and hit “EXTRACT FOLLOWERS” and wait for the operation to finish. You add multiple usernames separated by a comma.
9. Extract Followings of Username– pretty much the same with extracting followers, just add the username and start the extraction and this will extract the followings of the username you specified.
10. Extract Users based on hashtag search – This will extract users based on hashtags. You add multiple hashtags separated by a comma.
11. Extract # of posts from username– this will extract posts from the indicated username, make sure to specify the number of posts you want to extract
12. Extract # IG TV videos from username – if you want to extract IG TV videos from a user, this is where you add the target username, set the number of videos you want to extract then proceed with the extraction.
If you are extracting from a Private account, make sure to use the account that is friends with the target account (follower), else it will not extract and you will get an error.
Also, you will not be able to extract information from a user that has blocked the account you are using for extraction. Thus, you will need to use a different account that is not blocked by the target account.
Extracting User Information
13. Extract Users by location– use this option if you want to extract users who posted with the location you specified. You can either use the Select Locations drop-down option. Simply type the location and tick the checkbox OR manually add the location ids then click Extract Users.
14. Extract Additional UserInfo– if you want to extract user information such as followers, followings, bio and contact details from a list of accounts you may have, this is your go-to scrape option.
✅ In addition to user information mentioned above, you can also extract the user engagement and most recent post date.
✅ You can either extract from multiple usernames or User IDs, just make sure that it’s one username or userid per line.
More Useful Actions From Scrape Tools
15. Manually Block/Unblock Users – while there is a Block Followers tool where you can block your followers or specific users, the block action there is controlled by that tools Settings. Hence, if you have a list of usernames you want to block or unblock immediately, you can use the Scrape Tools to manually block or unblock them.
16. Check Follow Status – should you wish to keep track of who is following your account, you can check the follow status by adding the list of VALID usernames OR user ids you have (1 username or userid per line). From the generated file you will see if the username or user id you’ve added is following you or not.
17. Untag Self From Specific Posts – when you want to untag yourself from a post, you need to do it one by one. That said, if you have the list of post URLs where you want to untag yourself, you can use this nifty option from the Scrape Tools, just add one post URL per line and Untag away.