Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
Comments on posts are another metric you need to be mindful of when trying to boost the Engagement rate on your account. Showing appreciation is very important in order to encourage your followers as well as non-followers to engage with your content, thus liking their comment is highly recommended.
Although it is just a small gesture of acknowledgment, the impact is quite remarkable. It demonstrates that you heard the user, his opinion mattered, and that he is valued.
It may be time-consuming to go through all the comments but with Jarvee, you can now do that automatically through Like Comments tool.
How to start liking comments?
To start liking comments on your posts, go to TOOLS tab and click on MORE TOOLS next to your account, then click on Like Comments tab. It has three tabs – Settings, Sources and Results
This is where you can control the actions that will be executed by the tool. It is further divided into 5 sections.
Run Timers section:
- The wait between x-y time before each new operation – this is the number of minutes that the tool will wait before starting a new operation.
- Like between x-y comments per operation – you can set the number of comments the tool will process for each operation. A random number between x-y will be selected per operation.
- Execute between XX:YY and XX:YY – this will indicate what time the tool will perform actions
- Add random sleep time – you can add a random sleep time to allow the tool to rest after it has executed X actions before it resumes on liking comments again.
- Days of the week when to operate – select/check the days when you want the tool to execute actions. There is an option to rotate the days and this is recommended to make the account look more natural.
If you enable the ‘Rotate days’ option, Jarvee would use the same number of days you have initially selected and rotate it.
Example: You selected Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On the following week, Jarvee will select random 3 days to execute the action, so it could execute on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and so on. You may also exclude weekends in the variation should you prefer not to like comments on those days.
Like Limits section:
- The maximum number of like comments actions per day – JARVEE will pick a random number between X-Y each day and will use that as the maximum number of actions per day.
- The maximum number of like comments actions per hour – a random number between X-Y will be selected and used as the maximum number of actions per hour.
- Like users most recent X post – enable this option if you want to like comments on the most recent X posts of the user
- Limit maximum number of like per user – you can set how many comments you want to like per user
Post Filters section:
This is the section where you can narrow down the posts from which like comments will execute.
- You can skip non-English comments
- Filter posts by number of likes, check it if you want to like comments of only posts that have between X and Y likes
- Like comments only if posts have between X and Y likes
- Skip your own comments
- Only like comments that have a certain number of likes
- You can choose to like comments that have been posted in the last X days
- Filter comments that have specific words
- Or avoid liking comments that contain negative words
User Filters section:
1. You can use this filter if you want to like comments posted by either male, female or both. By default the language selected is English, you can select or add a different language but before you can make that work, you will need to do additional steps.
2. You can check this option if you would like to skip and not like the comments of your followers.
Keep in mind that if you select ALL, the gender filter will be ignored. Also, when you select a non-English language without proper configuration, the gender filter will be ignored.
The way the gender filter works on the tool is that Jarvee will check if the extracted user matches the name/username listed for that gender and Language.
Only English male and female names are pre-defined, so if you want to select a different language, you will need to add the respective male and female names via SETTINGS > Social platform > Instagram tab > Show male/female names and select the Language.
Example: You want to add male/female Spanish names, you need to check the option ‘Show male/female names > select Spanish from the Language drop-down option > add the names in the corresponding boxes.
After Like Actions section:
After liking the comments, you can opt to execute additional actions such as:
1. Suspend when temporary blocked between X and Y minutes – this will allow you to stop the tool in case of a temporary block (action block with expiry date info). You can also opt to suspend the tool on the second block, and to perform a relogin action on the second consecutive block.
2. Reply to comment after like – Set-up the comment message you want to post, you can use spintax, emoji and the supported tokens to add variations to your comments
- Indicate the ‘reply percentage’, this option is used to control the number of comments you will reply to after liking it. If you set it to 100, it will post a reply to each comment you like and if you set to 50, it will only reply to half of the comments you liked.
- You can opt to skip replying to comments that contain specific words.
- You may also choose to avoid replying to comments that have more than X characters.
- You also have the option to not leave a reply to comments if they replied to other comments.
- Lastly, you can opt to skip replying multiples times to the same comments from the same user.
3. Remove poor quality sources – this will automatically remove sources that do not result in the desired follow back ratio or if the search takes too long for that source.
There are different sources you can use when searching for posts where the comments would be liked.
1. Like comments by Hashtags Search
Use this source to like the comments of posts that contained a particular hashtag in the caption. You can add multiple keywords separated by a comma.
- There is an option to scrape posts that were published in the last X-Y minutes (0 means no limits).
- You can also choose to scrape only top-rated posts.
- You also have additional options at the bottom of the hashtags table: to copy all sources, to export the hashtags list, to clear the list, or to split the items with specific accounts.
2. Like own posts Comments
Select this source if you want to like comments of your own posts
3. Like specific users posts comments
Pick this source should you want to like the comments made on specific users posts. You can add multiple usernames, 1 username per line then click on ADD USERNAMES button. You can also choose to remove the user from the list after Jarvee liked the user’s comments.
From the table where the users will be added, you will see additional options:
- Use Split Users Between Accounts action link to distribute the target users you added between accounts. For instance, you have 3 accounts and you added 6 users on the option. If you click on split users between accounts, the target users will be divided into 3, thus each account will receive 2 target users.
- Should you want to copy all the usernames you added, you can click on Copy All Usernames
- To remove the users on the list, just click the Clear action link.
4. Like comments of posts of followers/followings of other accounts.
This source will let you target the posts from the followers and followings of a specific account.
All you have to do is add the usernames of your target account, 1 username per line. Depending on your preference, you may either click on ADD ACCOUNT FOLLOWERS or FOLLOWINGS.
- You have the option to split the users between accounts, copy all and clear the list which works the same way as mentioned from the ‘Like specific users posts comments’ source.
- In addition, there is an Export action link which when clicked, will generate a file with respective information.
5. Like comments based on comment id
You can use this source to like comments based on Comment id. You can scrape comments id using the Scrape Tools.
To access the Scrape Tools, go to Social Profiles > click the name of the account > navigate to Scrape Tools tab > Extract Comments from URL
From the generated file (image above), copy the commentPK value and paste them in the designated box, 1 comment id per line.
If you want to be able to reply to comment after like, you need to add the mediaid in the format below:
Commentid#mediaid (separate the comment id and media id with a “#”) that way the auto-reply to comment can work there.
All the comments that were liked will be recorded on this tab. From the Results table, you will see the following information:
- The date and time when your account liked the comment
- The KEYWORD column shows the specific source used to execute that like action
- The username of the person that posted the comment
- The original comment that got liked
- Your reply to the comment you liked
- Followed back column shows Follow Back next to users that followed your account.
Moreover, there are a couple of buttons handy which can help you better utilize the results:
- Delete All – if you want to delete all results.
- Export All – you can click this to export the results of the Like Comments tool.
- Update Followed Back – if you want Jarvee to update the followed back results, simply click on this. The operation may take some time to finish, depending on the list.
- View FollowedBack Ratio, click on the button the export a CSV file showing the follow back ratio of each source.
- VIEW FollowedBack Ratio For All Accounts – click on this button if you want to export a CSV file showing the followback ratio for all accounts.
💡 When you’re all set with the settings and sources configuration, just scroll back up to ‘Start’ liking those comments.