Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
The Instagram Mute Users Tool
Following and Unfollowing is perhaps the most used and abused strategy on growing Instagram accounts. While it does help grow your accounts, sometimes your feed becomes crowded and noisy in short, it is chaotic, sounds familiar?
And just like how we sometimes feel that our lives have become toxic and we just want to shut everyone out and do some R&R to organize your thoughts, your Instagram feed could use some of that as well. You can give it a break by muting users, hide their stories and posts without them knowing.
When you mute a user, it is not the same as when you unfollow them, so you can still visit their page to see their posts and so on.
How to mute users using Jarvee?
To start using the tool, just click your Instagram account from the Tools page and click Mute Users button. The tool is divided into three sub-tabs: Settings, Sources and Results.
You can also use the Follow tool > After Follow Action > Mute user after follow to automatically mute followed users.
The Settings tab is where you will set-up the actions of the account. It has 3 sections: Run Timers, Mute Users Limits and Mute Settings
Run Timers section:
1. The “wait between time” before each new mute user operation.
2. Select the number of users that you want to mute per operation and the delay or pause time between each mute action.
3. Set the hours when you want the tool to operate
4. Add random intervals daily. This will randomize the intervals depending on the time margin you set.
5. Choose the days of the week when the tool will execute actions.
There is an option to rotate the days when the tool is going to operate. If you enable this option, Jarvee would use the same number of days you have initially selected and rotate it.
For example, you checked Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, on the following week, Jarvee will select random 3 days to execute the action. You have the option to exclude weekends in the variation should you prefer not to execute action on said days.
Mute Users Limits section:
6. Set the number of users you want to mute per day. You can put 0 – 0 for no limit.
7. Indicate the number of users you want to mute per hour.
Mute Settings section:
8. Here you can select whether you want to mute the user’s posts, stories or both
9. You can choose to use the whitelist option if there are specific user you don’t want to mute
On this tab, you can add the sources from which the tool will search for users to mute. There are two sources available for this tool.
- Mute specific users – just add a valid username or usernames (one username per line) and click on ADD USERNAMES button. Additionally, there is an option to mute the user after X minutes should you want not to mute them immediately.
- Mute users followed by Jarvee – when this source is selected, the tool will go through the Follow Results tab and mute the users listed there.
- Mute own followings – This will mute your own followings.
Here you can find the list of all muted users executed by Jarvee. You will also see additional information such as:
- Date when the user was muted
- Keyword used when searching for the user
- Username of the person you muted
- Profile link of the muted username