Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
The Jarvee Instagram Unfollow tool allows you to automatically unfollow those Instagram users that you followed. Through this tool, you can unfollow users who did not reciprocate the follow action you did, also known as “follow back”, after a prescribed period of time. You can also unfollow those you followed outside Jarvee or just unfollow everyone that you followed.
To use the Unfollow tool, go to Tools tab, click on the Instagram account you want to use this on and select the Unfollow tab. From there, you will see 4 sections – Run Timers, Unfollow Limits, User Filters and Other Options.
1. Unfollow items after a minimum of X days after the application followed them
This option controls the number of days the tool will wait before unfollowing a person.
You will need to set-up how many days you want Jarvee to wait before an unfollow action will be executed on the person you followed through the Follow tool.
For instance, if you put 3 days, Jarvee will unfollow the accounts exactly after 3 days (72 hours) from the time it was actually followed.
2. Wait between x and y minutes before each new operation
This is the interval before each new unfollow operation will take place.
3. Unfollow between x and y people per operation
In this setting, you will have to indicate the number of users that you want to unfollow on each operation. The number is randomly selected between x and y.
For example, if you set it to unfollow between 5-10 people per operation, it can unfollow 7 on one particular operation and unfollow 9 on the next and so on, but it will not be under 5 or above 10.
- With a delay between x – y seconds between each unfollow
With this setting, you can tell Jarvee to wait between x and y seconds between each unfollow action. Let’s say you set a delay of 30 – 60 seconds, Jarvee may wait 35 seconds after it has unfollowed 1 user before it will do another unfollow on the next user.
4. Unfollow between hh:mm AM and hh:mm PM
Here you can set the hours when the unfollow action will execute. Please note that Jarvee uses the local time from where it’s installed and running from, hence the hh:mm AM and hh:mm PM follows the timezone set on your machine.
5. Add random sleep time
When you use this option, Jarvee will pause and rest for x-y minutes after executing x-y unfollow operations.
6. Stop the tool for X minutes after Y unfollows
This option will stop the tool for X minutes after it reached Y number of unfollowed users.
7. Days of the week when to operate
You have the choice of running the tool on certain days only or rotate the days when the unfollow action will operate.
8. Increase actions per operation daily by X and Y until it reaches Z
You can increase the number of Unfollow between x and y people per run.
You set the tool to “Unfollow between 3 – 4 people per run”
If you wanted to “increase daily with 1 – 2 until it reaches 10”, then the next day, the Jarvee will unfollow 4 – 6 people per operation.
Then, it will be 5 – 8 on the next. Then it will again increase to 6 – 10 users to unfollow and it will stop increasing since the limit of 10 has been reached.
1. Just like it says, this is where you set the maximum daily limit for the Unfollow action. From the x and y, Jarvee will select a random number between the set figures. Therefore, if you set a maximum of 150-250 unfollows per day, it can hit the daily limit once it has unfollowed a total of any number between 150 to 250. You have an option to increase the limits per day until it reaches the max unfollows you prefer.
2. You can also set the limit on the number of unfollows the tool will execute per hour. Again, there is an option to increase the limits per hour on a daily basis until it reaches the value you indicated.
3. Enable contextual actions will make the unfollow action look more natural. This option works both the Embedded Browser and the API. For the API, the option to ‘Enable API Full Emulation’ must be checked as well under Advanced Profile Settings.
📌 Click here to know more about how contextual actions work for the Unfollow tool.
4. You have the option to Enable automatic follow/unfollow after and what this does is it will automatically stop the Unfollow tool depending on the condition you have set and start the Follow tool.
It can stop unfollowing when:
- The account has less than x and y followings
- Followers/followings is greater than X
- There are no more users to unfollow
- The unfollow tool gets a temporary block
- The daily limit has been reached
- There is also an option not to stop the Unfollow tool, and just start the Follow tool.
These filters are the set of conditions that Jarvee will consult prior to unfollowing a person.
Unfollow all users followed by Jarvee
Check this option if you want to unfollow all users that were followed using Jarvee regardless if they followed you back or not. Otherwise, you can leave it unchecked if you opt to only unfollow those that did not return the favor.
Also target users followed from outside Jarvee
If there are users that you want to unfollow which you manually followed (via Instagram app, browser, etc.) or followed using different software, you can use this option.
User has a follow ratio (followers/followings) greater than X
User has a follow ratio (followers/followings) smaller than Y
You can use these 2 filters if you want to unfollow users based on their follow ratio. This is useful when you want to unfollow questionable accounts.
The follow ratio is computed as followers/followings such that if Account A has 2000 followers and 4000 followings, it will be 2000/4000 = 0.5 . Hence, Account A has a follow ratio of 0.5
User has a number of followers/followings in a specific range
Unlike the filter for unfollowing based on follow ratio, this one is less complicated. There is no computation involved, you just need to set the range of x-y followers and x-y followings you are eyeing to unfollow.
Do not unfollow likers
Do not unfollow commenters
Through these 2 options, you can tell the tool to skip unfollowing users who have interacted with your account either by liking or commenting on your most recent 12 (or lower) posts.
Do not unfollow DMers
This filter will skip users whom you have a recent direct message conversation with. Note that only the most recent 5000 users (hence the max value you can set) that you have DM-ed with are whitelisted.
💡 If you wish to permanently whitelist a DM-er, you can go to the Direct Messages tab and click on the star icon to favorite the message. Favorite messages make the user automatically whitelisted.
Do not unfollow story viewers
Users who viewed your story will not be unfollowed. The most recent 5000 viewers only are whitelisted.
Do not unfollow users that you saved their posts
Use this option if you don’t want to unfollow users whose posts were saved by you.
Do not unfollow close friends
This option will skip unfollowing users who are your close friends. You can add users to your Close Friends list via the Instagram app on your phone.
If there are specific users you do not want to unfollow, you can add their usernames to the whitelist option and Jarvee will skip executing the said action on them.
- You can opt to auto-extract users followed outside Jarvee, this is useful when you manually follow users and you don’t want them to get unfollowed.
Unfollow specific users
In contrast with whitelisting those you don’t want to unfollow, you also have the ability to be specific with regards to who you want to unfollow by adding their usernames to this filter.
- You can automatically add users who unfollowed you, and which you are still following
- You can choose to auto-extract users who just followed you back
- There is also an option to automatically extract pending follow requests every x-y hours
💡 Keep in mind that Unfollow specific users will not respect the filters and whitelist
Suspend when temporary blocked between x and y minutes
This will suspend the tool for x-y minutes when the account gets temporarily blocked from doing unfollows (action block with expiry date info).
- There is an option to ‘Enable suspend on second block between x-y minutes
- As well as logout/relogin on second block not on the first block
Like while unfollowing
This option enables you to automatically stop and start the Like tool depending on whether the Unfollow tool is running or not.
Skip wait time when no more results
Use this option to start the tool immediately again if there were no results found (will not use the wait between operations time)
Finally, to start unfollowing, just switch the tool ON.