Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
The Edit Profile – Instagram
On Instagram, the first thing that other people will see when they visit your page is the account profile. It includes the profile image, your name/username and a short description of yourself or the brand, and link(s) to your websites. Therefore, it is important that you keep things updated there, so people will get the information they need at a quick glance.
How to edit your Instagram profile in Jarvee?
If you are managing multiple accounts, it’s best if you can modify the profile from one place instead of doing it one account at a time through the app or browser. That said, Jarvee has provided an option to easily edit the accounts you manage.
You can access the handy feature by going to Social Profiles > click on your Instagram account > and then navigate to Edit Profile tab
📌 Keep in mind that API access is required to load the account’s information via the Edit Profile tab. If the option ‘Use only the embedded browser (do not use api)’ is enabled on the account’s Advanced Profile Settings, then you will get the error shown below:
The Instagram Edit Profile tab – 1st section
- You can use this option to switch to a different Instagram account to speed things up.
- This option allows you to open the Embedded Browser of the account
- By clicking Tools, you can quickly access the tools for that account
- From here, you can see the number of your Followers and Followings of the account, as well as the follow ratio (followers/followings)
The Instagram Edit Profile tab – 2nd section
As you can see, from this part of the Edit Profile tab you will be able to modify account information such as:
5. Full Name – you may add your name or brand name
6. Gender (M/F) – male (M) or female (F)
7. Biography – you can add something about yourself or a short description of your brand; make it brief, interesting and informative
8. Website URL (if any) – if you have a website for your brand, you can indicate it here
9. Private (Yes/No) – you can easily switch from private to public; Yes for private and No for public
10. Email – is the email address associated with your account
11. Username – you can easily change your account username from here
12. Phone Number – adding this information is optional but if you are running a business, it’s better if you add your digits here
💡 After you have modified your account information, just click the ‘Update profile data’ button.
The Instagram Edit Profile tab – 3rd section
Another vital detail you can add to your account is the profile image. This is the face of your account so make sure to update it from time to time to keep everything fresh.
13. To start editing your profile image, you will need to select the photo first by clicking the small camera icon. It will open a small window where you can navigate to the folder/s where the picture is located, select the image and click Open. The path of the image will appear on the ‘Profile picture path’ and the image will be uploaded.
💡 You can opt to make the image unique by checking the ‘Make image unique’ checkbox. This is useful if you have multiple accounts where you want to use the same profile image.
14. When you see the image you’ve selected, you can then click on the Change Profile Picture button.
15. If you want to change your password, you just have to type in the new password in the designated box and click the Change Password button to apply the change.
The not so hidden Edit Profile feature on Jarvee
A very useful feature in the Edit Profile tab that is often overlooked is the Comments Filter.
You can take advantage of this feature to filter comments on your posts. When used, this will hide all previous and future comments on your posts that contain any of those undesirable words.
In the textbox next to it (refer to image above), all you need to do is add your blacklisted words separated by a comma then press one of the buttons at the bottom. Keep in mind that wildcards are not supported on this feature.
16. Update Comments Filter – to activate and add the negative words to the account that is being edited
17. Update Comments Filter on all accounts – to add the blacklisted words to the comment filter of all Instagram accounts in Jarvee
18. Update Comments Filter on accounts with same tag name – to add the unwanted words to comment filter of all accounts with same tag name