Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
The Instagram Mentions Tool
In this guide, we will talk about the Mentions tool, the latest addition to Jarvee’s array of tools for the Instagram Social Platform.
This new tool should help improve engagement on your account because it lets you mention users in your Bio in rotation and when you do that, Instagram sends a notification to the mentioned user which could kick start a positive interaction.
Before you you start using the tool, here are some important things to keep in mind:
📌 The Mentions tool only works on API, so if you have the option ‘Use only embedded browser (do not use api)’ enabled in the Advanced Profile Settings of the account, the tool will not work.
📌 There is a 60 minutes interval in between operation and this is a fixed interval because if you do it more often than that, Instagram will not send notifications to the mentioned users.
📌 When you use the Mention tool, the mentioned users in your Bio will receive a notification about it, however, it may take an hour before it gets received by the mentioned users.
Mentions as seen in Bio of the account:
Notification received by a mentioned user:
How to use the Instagram Mentions tool
To access this tool, you can go to Tools tab > click on your Instagram account > then click the Mentions tool from the left panel menu.
The Mentions tool has three tabs – Settings, Source and Results
The Settings tab
In this tab, you can configure how the tool will execute the action on the account.
- You can set the X-Y hour when the tool will operate. You can choose to add intervals and randomize intervals daily.
- Choose the days when you want the action to be executed, or choose to rotate the days.
- In this box, you can add the text that will be used in Bio
💡 As you may know, there is a 150 character limit for Instagram Bio, hence we’ve set a 120 character limit in Mentions tool, that way you’ll be able to mention 3 or more users with the remaining 30 characters. Now, if you want to mention more users, then you can just write a shorter description in Bio to utilize all unused characters for mentions.
- You can choose to either show the mention in one line separated by space OR separate each mention by new line
The Sources tab
The only source available for the Mentions tool is the ‘Mention Specific User’.
There are two ways to add users in this source:
- The first way is to add the usernames in the designated box then click the ADD USERNAMES button.
✅ More action buttons:
- COPY ALL USERNAMES – lets you copy all the usernames on the Mention Specific Users list.
- EXPORT ALL – export the entire list of usernames to a CSV file
- CLEAR – this option will delete all usernames added in the source.
- The second way is by using the Follow tool to send extracted users to the Mentions tool. This is a good option since you will be able to set-up your preferred filters and use all follow sources when finding suitable users that will be sent the Mentions tool.
The Results tab
From this tab, you will be able to see all users that have been mentioned in your account’s Bio including the:
- The date and time when the user was mentioned
- Username of that user
- Link of the mentioned user’s profile
- Action buttons to Delete a user from Results OR Copy the link of that user
- You also have the Export All and Delete All buttons