The Instagram Follow tool helps you to automatically follow Instagram users based on various sources. This tool is useful when you want to reach new people in your niche, interact with them and also find business opportunities. Following other Instagram users that share your interest will also help you grow your account because if you have high-quality content you will not stay unnoticed.
To use the Instagram Follow tool, go to Tools tab and click the Follow action of the account where you want to run the tool or click MORE TOOLS
You will then notice 3 tabs:
- Follow Settings
- Follow Sources
- Follow Results
1. Follow Settings
This is the main muscle of the tool. It has 4 sections: Run Timers, Follow Limits, User Filters and After Follow Actions.
On this section, you will need to set-up how and when the tool is going to execute the “follow” actions.
- Start with the “wait between time” before each new follow operation
- Select the number of users that you want to follow per operation and the delay or pause time between each follow
- Set the hours when you want the tool to execute
- If you want to temporarily stop the tool after executing certain number of operations, you can opt to enable a “random sleep time”
- You may also select to stop the tool after it has followed X users
- Lastly, choose the days of the week when the tool will execute actions
Tip: There is an option to rotate the days when the tool is going to operate. If you enable this option, Jarvee would use the same number of days you have initially selected and rotate it. Let’s say you checked Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, on the succeeding week, Jarvee will select random 3 days to execute the action. You may also exclude weekends in the variation should you prefer not to follow on said days.
- This is the section where you set the daily limit with regards to the number of people you want to follow. For instance, you want to follow between 200 to 300 people per day, the Follow tool will only do a maximum of X follows ranging from 200 to 300 on a daily basis.
- You may choose to gradually increase the follow limit each day until it hits your preferred maximum count.
- Another handy option is to enable automatic follow/unfollow, this is where you can schedule the tool to stop following when it reaches total X account followings and automatically start the unfollow action.
- You can think of this as the “quality control” section as this is where all scraped users are screened before Jarvee decides whether to follow or skip the user based on the parameters you set.
- As you can see from the image below, there are several filters you can apply to carefully target the users you want to follow. However, keep in mind that if the user fails any of the filters you set, it will skip them, hence strict filters would have an impact on the number of people you can follow per operation.
- To counter the effect of using strict filters, be sure to use as many sources as you possibly can, of course, it has to be a source that is related to your niche.
After Follow Actions
- Just like it says, after a user is followed, you can select to do additional actions such as like and/or comment on user’s latest post and send a direct message
- Included in this section is the feature that lets you auto-accept pending follow request (if the account running the Follow tool is set to Private) as well as the ability to remove some sources that are not up to par with your desired “follow back” ratio.
2. Follow Sources
Basically, this is the tab that Jarvee will use to search for people to follow. For each “follow” operation, Jarvee will select a random source from the list you provided. You can choose to prioritize other sources by assigning a higher selection rank.
Follow by keyword search
Jarvee will search on Instagram using those keywords you have indicated and follow users (who used that keyword in their posts) appearing in the results that Instagram returned (For multiple keywords use ‘,’ as a separator, for example, cake, dessert, cookies, cupcake)
Follow by username/name/bio
Use this source to follow users who had the keyword either in their username, name or bio (For multiple keywords use ‘,’ as a separator, for example, cake, dessert, cookies, cupcake)
Follow followers/followings of target account
Jarvee will follow the followers or followings of specific usernames you put in this source, you can choose whether you want it to follow the followers or followings (or both) of that specific username.
For instance, you want to target the followers of “barackobama”, just type in the username and click “Add Account Followers” button, you’ll then see “followers/barackobama” in the little table below it.
Follow friends of existing friends
If you want to follow the followers of your followers (Jarvee will check on your most recent 500 followers), you can use this source.
Follow Specific Users
Jarvee will follow the usernames or user IDs you added in this source; don’t forget to click “Add Usernames” button. This Follow Source will not respect the User Filters you have configured in the Follow Settings
Follow using Geo Location
This source will search for users that tagged the specified location in their post. There’s also a checkbox there to allow Jarvee to follow the followers of users that were scraped using this source.
Just type your target location in the select locations field and you will see the suggested locations based on the word you provided so you can choose the exact one. When you tick the corresponding checkbox, it will add that location to the designated box right below it.
Follow users that interacted with posts on target accounts
Jarvee will search for users that liked or commented on the posts of the usernames you have provided. Be sure not to forget clicking the “Add” button.
Follow users that interacted with posts on target posts
Similar to following users that interacted with posts in target accounts, this source will enable you to follow users that liked or commented on a specific post URL.
Ex. You want to follow users that interacted with the post “https://www.instagram.com/p/BWHjRpoA1OQ/“, just indicate the post URL and click “Add” button and it will be added to the table below it.
Tip: For those that commented on the post, you can opt to scrape users based on certain keyword used in their comment, number of characters as well how recent the comment was made. This condition applies to both “Follow users that interacted with posts on target accounts” and “Follow users that interacted with posts on target posts”.
Follow users that tagged Specific Users
The last source on the list will let you follow users that tagged a specific user on their posts.
3. Follow Results
Here, you will see the users you’ve followed including the date and time they were followed. It also offers other information such as:
Keyword – the source used to get the user
Followed Back – you will see “Yes” if the user followed you back, otherwise, it will show No
Unfollowed – will display Yes or No if the user has been unfollowed once you start running the Unfollow tool.
IsPrivate – if the user that was followed is a private account, you will see Yes and No if it is not
Link – the URL or account link of the user that was followed