Search The JARVEE Knowledge Base
When you are running hundreds of accounts and you need to manage your direct messages, it is rather tedious to go to Direct Messages tool tab on each account to do some quick checking, it’s time-consuming and unproductive.
Good thing that Jarvee has the perfect feature that will absolutely make this task easier for you in terms of managing direct messages for all your accounts without having to go through every single Direct Messages tool.
The feature we are talking about is the Jarvee’s Global Tools – Instagram Direct Message tool. It’s a centralized tool that works the same way as when doing it through the Direct Messages tool on each of your Instagram account in Jarvee.
How to access the Global Tools?
On the left panel menu of your Jarvee interface, you will see Global Tools. Just click on Global Tools then click on IG Direct Messages tab and you will see the direct messages threads from all your accounts on the left, and your direct message conversation on the right.
IG Direct Messages action buttons:
There are different action buttons and that includes the two Load More buttons and Load All buttons.
• The Load More and Load All buttons at the top are used to load the direct messages thread at the left portion of the page.
• While the Load More and Load All buttons at the bottom are used to load more or all the messages from the thread you clicked.
✅ Some of the other buttons are self-explanatory, so we will just explain some buttons that might be unfamiliar to you.
• Delete and Block
This is useful when you want to delete a certain direct message, and then block the user who sent you the message to avoid getting more messages from that user.
You need to select at least one of the direct message threads you want to delete, then click Delete and Block.
✅ You will see the blocked user in Block Followers tool results table with keyword “From Direct Message”.
• Delete and Leave Group
You can click on this button when you want to delete group messages, and leave the conversation.
• Block Inviter
This will block the user who has invited you to join a group conversation.
• Export Messages
If you want to export messages from a direct messages thread, you can click this button to get a CSV file that contains 20 most recent messages.
You can select multiple threads as well, and Jarvee will export 20 most recent messages from each direct message thread.
• Export Usernames
Click this button to export all usernames that sent you direct messages or received direct messages from you.
The extraction will run in the background and once Jarvee has finished extracting the usernames, a CSV file will open automatically.
• Extract Email Addresses
This button is useful when you want to extract email addresses from the direct messages threads shown on the left. You can use the filter options to show only the direct messages you want to extract the email addresses from.
How to filter direct messages?
Since it is a global tool, you might get overwhelmed with all the messages you see here but there are filtering options you can use for easy sorting.
1. Extract Between Dates
You can check this option to see only the direct messages threads which have messages sent between the specified dates.
2. Show only unread messages
Only direct messages threads that have unread messages will be shown if you select this filter.
3. Show only pending requests
Check this option to see only direct messages sent by non-followers. You will be able to either accept or decline the pending message requests.
4. Show only favorite messages
This option lets you see only messages which have been marked as favorite.
5. When reading messages mark them as seen
If you want to mark the messages you read in Jarvee as seen on a mobile phone as well, you can check this option.
6. Show only responses
This filter will show only messages where there’s a previous conversation and the user expect a response from you.
7. Show only messages waiting for reply
You can check this filter to show only messages where the users expect a reply from you/ the last reply isn’t from you.
Good to know features:
1. As you can see in the image above, you can mark a direct message thread as ‘favorite’ by clicking the star button.
2. There is an option to leave notes to help you remember why you marked that message in the first place.
3. You can also use the Search in threads field to see only messages which contain a certain word.
4. In addition to that, you can use the option Filter Accounts or check Filter by Tag to see only messages from accounts of the selected tag.
5. There’s also a search field to easily find a message that has certain words in the conversation.
More actions you can do on each message thread:
After you clicked on one of the direct messages threads from the left, you will be able to do the following actions in the conversation:
- You can insert the name of the account by clicking Name
- Like the message by clicking the heart button
- Click on the reply button, and Jarvee will automatically insert @username in the Message field.
- Delete the sent message by clicking the Unsend button
- Open the conversation on the embedded browser by clicking Browse
- There is an option to report the message as Spam
- Attach image or video in your message