Throughout the years, Instagram has been the haven for photographers, professionals, and amateurs alike. And while there are other places to download free images, Instagram is still one of the go-to venues. It houses stellar images from camera enthusiasts thus becoming a handy portfolio of their works. Here you will find a variety of images such as jaw-dropping sceneries, mouthwatering dishes, luxury rides, and so on.
With all those eye candies on plain sight, I’m pretty sure that most of you want to keep and store it somewhere, perhaps on your computer or phone, and have it readily accessible whenever you want a sight for sore eyes.
Yes, that sounds easier said than done as Instagram does not have the native option to download images from their platform straight to your computer. Sure, you can take a screenshot of the image but if you want to retain the quality of the image, then you will need a third-party application to do this.
While there are a number of ways to download Instagram photos to your computer, I will only highlight how to do this using Jarvee which in my opinion is the best option there is to date.
Why Jarvee Is The Best Alternative Way To Download Images From Instagram to Computer
1. Aside from being known as the best social media automation software, Jarvee also packed with lesser-known but absolutely useful functionalities, including the ability to download Instagram images and save them to your computer and more, truly a jack of all trades.
2. Jarvee does not limit you only to downloading images from Instagram, it also enables you to grab videos and albums.
3. In addition to grabbing photos, videos, and albums from Instagram, Jarvee also allows you to grab the posts together with its original caption, tagged users, hashtags, mentioned users, and more.
4.You can also use the downloaded image or videos for cross-posting to other compatible social media platforms you are managing in Jarvee.
How To Download Images from Instagram Using Jarvee
To grab your favorite Instagram images via Jarvee, you will need to do the following steps:
1. Add an Instagram account (if you have not done it yet) to Social Profiles in Jarvee, and make sure it shows a Valid status. Then access the Tools and navigate to Repost Tool.
2. From the Repost Tool, you’ll find three sub-tabs – Settings, Sources, and Results. But before we proceed with grabbing the images, we need to create a Campaign first where we will send the images to.
3. Next, you will need to have your sources ready. So to get an idea of what you need to gather, you can click on the Sources tab and you will see all the available sources that you can use.
Now, if you already have a specific Instagrammer in mind, then you can enable the ‘Repost Posts of Specific Users’ and add the usernames inside the box provided then click the ‘Add Usernames’ button. You can do the same with all the other sources you want to use, just enable and add the required information in the designated boxes.
For instance, since I am a foodie, I’ve been following a specific account on that niche thus shown in the image below.
4. Once you are done with adding your sources, head to the Repost Settings tab, set your preferred settings (number of posts you want to repost, etc.), and filter.
You can choose to repost only images, videos, images or videos, albums,s or all of them. Additionally, you can enable other filters or settings but this is mostly done for advanced usage and in our case, we only want to download Instagram images, so I suggest not enabling any of them.
5. Still, on the Repost Settings tab, scroll down to the Repost Settings option and you’ll find the option ‘Send posts to campaign instead of posting on the wall’, enable this option and select the campaign you created in Step 2 from the drop-down option. You may or may not tick the option ‘Send posts to Drafts’, it will not affect the process, so it’s all up to you. When all is set, just click the ‘Send To Campaign Now’ button.
How To Save Downloaded Images To Your Computer
Go to the Campaign you created earlier and navigate to the Posts List tab, you should see the posts that it received from the Repost tool. From there, click Show Advanced View from the top menu > click Export All Images > the ‘Browse For Folder’ popup window will appear, select the destination folder or path where you want to save the images then hit OK.
If you opted to send the reposts to Drafts earlier in the Repost Tool, then go to Drafts tab > Click Edit Posts In Bulk > scroll down from the Edit Post window > click Export All Images > navigate to the folder or path where you want to store the image and hit the OK button.
💡 Good To Know: If you wish to save the downloaded videos that you sent from the Repost Tool to the Campaign to your computer, then just follow the same procedure mentioned above but click Export all Videos instead of Export All Images and continue with saving it to your desired folder or path on your computer.
Some Things To Consider When Downloading From Instagram
As previously mentioned, Instagram does not have the built-in option to download images, videos, or albums from other Instagram users.
That said, when reposting or repurposing their work, make sure to give proper credit where it is due or get their permission if you can.
Another thing is you will not be able to grab images, videos, or albums from a private account.
Now, in order to download images from private accounts, you will need to follow said accounts first and wait until your request has been accepted. After that, you should be able to download your favorite photos from that user.
Lastly, when saving or downloading your favorite photos, videos, albums from Instagram, do not overdo it. Keep in mind that everything should always be done in moderation.